MNML forum B2B mix (part 2 in progress?)

- open
suli.belarto
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by suli.belarto »

there is really no need for anybody to paste the mix together if the following Dj just mixes into the previous set (-)
Rayda
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rayda »

suli.belarto wrote:there is really no need for anybody to paste the mix together if the following Dj just mixes into the previous set (-)

Too much sound quality would be lost and by the end the last dj would have to record 1 hour plus of music before getting in on their mix.

Added to the list of names those interested, i'm not free to do a section until monday so if anyone else wants to start off that's fine by me.

Please remember to record @ 320 kbps, include a full tracklisting artist/title/label, a d/l link for your section & finally any web links you would like me to add to the final tracklist such as myspace pages etc.
Evad
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Evad »

Rayda wrote:by the end the last dj would have to record 1 hour plus of music before getting in on their mix.

What's wrong with listening to +1 hour of music? :-)
I believe that's the ONLY way to do it right, in this way the dj can catch up with the flow and build a certain feeling when listening to what's previously mixed/recorded.
If we all stick to high quality files and recordings, the overall quality won't be that bad.
And after all, it's the general concept that counts. To maximize the impact and understanding, every dj should listen to the whole mix to that point.
Please give feedback on this, because I believe this is a very important issue to give this great initiative a succesful end.
Edward_Molton
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Edward_Molton »

Evad Streaklov wrote:
Rayda wrote:by the end the last dj would have to record 1 hour plus of music before getting in on their mix.

What's wrong with listening to +1 hour of music? :-)
I believe that's the ONLY way to do it right, in this way the dj can catch up with the flow and build a certain feeling when listening to what's previously mixed/recorded.
If we all stick to high quality files and recordings, the overall quality won't be that bad.
And after all, it's the general concept that counts. To maximize the impact and understanding, every dj should listen to the whole mix to that point.
Please give feedback on this, because I believe this is a very important issue to give this great initiative a succesful end.
I agree with Evad. It will be important to have a flow in the mix. What kind of flow will be offcourse a surpise :) Otherwise it will sound like 5 different mixsets put in 1 big mix.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

al you need is the last track of the previous one, and then start mixing from that one yourself. Afterwards you can simply glue them all together, no?

I'm in anyway, I think it's a superb idea :)
Mark O
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Mark O »

PsyTox wrote:al you need is the last track of the previous one, and then start mixing from that one yourself.
I agree.

I think it's a cool idea. Count me in.
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

i love the idea and would love to participate

but i would argue for keeping the method of mixing the parts together as simple as possible, something close to the Rayda's idea
BeatBoxBaby
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by BeatBoxBaby »

I did a back2back like this with a friend once... the whole idea came spontaneously actually.

He mixed two songs, recorded it, and sent me the sample on messenger to have a listen, and then listening to it I just had an idea to mix something on his second track, then another one... I sent him back my sample, and we decided to go on until we have an hour long mix.

It was really fun, but it's lot of work. We did a tracklist for ourselves, when finished, he mixed his parts again (precisely), sent me the recordings, I did mine, and then I had to put the whole thing together in ableton, and that was a little bit tiring in the end, but it turned out to be a great "on-line back2back" mix. Crazy idea, but afterall we enjoyed it a lot, those who know about this, said we're insane! :D :D :D
...:::I Looove this Place:::...