The UK Scene

- open
wikey
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by wikey »

http://www.slamevents.com/speak/forumdisplay.html?f=46

If anyone is ever visiting Glasgow then this forum will be useful. its pretty much used by every promoter in Glasgow so most events are listed in here usually a good few weeks in advance.
Shaun Soomro
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Shaun Soomro »

Wow great to see places like South Wales & Liverpool doing their thing 8)
Last edited by Shaun Soomro on Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mick
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Mick »

Nottinghams pretty cool at the minute, firefly doing quality parties everymonth with big lineups. also stealth have house/techno everyweek with residents such as matt tolfrey and dave congreave.

fireflys smaller offshoot night bedbug is free on a thursday and is booming, been their recently to see matthew dear and jamie jones and theyve got some cracking line ups in the pipe line with luke soloman this week!
wikey
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by wikey »

What are the curfew times like through out the UK? This is what annoys me about this country as everywhere i've been to is always around 3 or 4am, bar London

its very rare though the odd night at pressure in the arches or in sub club up here will run to 5am, though I feel these crappy hours are like a punishment due to the minority of society who cannot behave!
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

Leeds earliest is usually 6am. There are parties than run from 9am til 10pm Sunday night, but they are usually the gay clubs. There was a VVWI party every Sunday a couple of years ago but that club got raided and shut down...

Newcastle is the opposite... strict 4am licensing only.. its bollocks... no afterhours scene at all...
Mick
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Mick »

wikey wrote:What are the curfew times like through out the UK? This is what annoys me about this country as everywhere i've been to is always around 3 or 4am, bar London

its very rare though the odd night at pressure in the arches or in sub club up here will run to 5am, though I feel these crappy hours are like a punishment due to the minority of society who cannot behave!
firefly and detonate in notts do nights that go on til 6am once a month i think but generally around 4-5am, not a lot of places will stay open that late unless theirs a one off special event taking place. bit sh!t really although to be honest by 5 im ready to go to an after party anyway!
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

wikey wrote:What are the curfew times like through out the UK? This is what annoys me about this country as everywhere i've been to is always around 3 or 4am, bar London

Bournemouth has places that can open till the morning but the people there want to get to the after party by 4am. i'm Playing down there on saturday if anyones interested. House, techno and dubstep in a pub that use to be a bank with some cinema thing going on in the backroom.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

and it closes at 6 + after party