Hearing Issues

- open
Krul
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Krul »

get some good, custom made earplugs, they're not cheap, but it's the best +/- 100€ you'll ever spend. It's such a relief to come home after a party without tinitus.
cloutier wrote:
minimalwyte wrote:When does Digweed come in?
he comes in around 1994 and leaves around 2002.
humeka
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by humeka »

interesting thread, I've never been aware so many people were suffering of tinitus!

I was wondering if there's any level limitation in clubs in your respective countries? in france, sound level is limited at 105dB.

I've been running parties in clubs for years and never really suffered of ear problems. I was also surprised to discover I have excellent audiogram results, even after those years partying and making music with headphones!

but I'm curious to understand why some people keep exposing theirs ears to high levels when they know they can suffer from irreversible injuries or already suffer from.
codecks
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by codecks »

humeka wrote:...but I'm curious to understand why some people keep exposing theirs ears to high levels when they know they can suffer from irreversible injuries or already suffer from.
That's the point, most of the people don't know/realize, or don't wanna know... I don't wanna change the subject, but take cigarettes for instance... 'everyone' knows it's poison, still, a lot of people are doing it.
minimal my ass !
humeka
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by humeka »

@codecks: you're so right...

it's exactly what I realised after writing my post: I was in clubs, exposed to high level of sound, without any protection even if I knew it could damage my ears...