Hearing Issues

- open
Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

you should be very concerned yes. your hearing is not something you should take advantage of. you're looking at insufferable damage, or even possible hearing loss if your trends continue. in the medical profession, there is no cure for tinnitus, just coping measures one would take in order to lessen the pain of this annoyance ie: a hearing aid, distractions by other sounds, etc. if you go to a medical doctor, im sure he will just tell you to stop listening to loud music and to protect your ears.

there has been another known way to help treat tinnitus that goes beyond traditional medicine, and that's with systemic enzymes. since tinnitus is linked to sugar (apparently sugar can make your tinnitus worse), enzymes are known to break down sugar before it becomes the catalyst for your ear ringing. Also, another theory is that its an inflammatory reaction, and systemic enzymes help reduce inflammation in the body usually curing people of their onset ailments.

either way, if you feel its getting worse id take the appropriate measures now and protect yourself. you may not even have tinnitus -- as this may just be your body's way to tell you to use some earplugs! our bodies are smart, and they are good at warning us, when we push the limit a little too far :)

by the way, this post was not meant to scare you -- i just think sometimes we dont realize the harm we do to our bodies, and before you know it -- boom! its too late. that would suck, and its totally not necessary in your case since you do know the root of the problem.

:) good luck :)
"Upon the highest throne in the world, we are seated, still, upon our arses." .. Michel de Montaigne
Dark White
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Dark White »

Thanks for your suggestions.

As some of you already pointed out, i was wondering how is it possible that superstar deejays (and not so famous deejays aswell) can still hear after having passed a good portion of their lives listening to loud (but i would also say ridiculously extreme and bodyshaking) music...

Happy xmas by the way ;)
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

b-ran wrote:but in addition - it boggles my mind how the big name dj's...the guys that have been doing it for years and years still hear and can mix so well. no clue how ricardo can still mix the way he does even after all the damage (without a doubt) that he's done to his ears..
most dj's actually have hearing problems, hearing loss, tinnitus, hyperacusis, pain... they just don't talk about it that often (unfortunately)

but also many performing musicians (in rock as well as classic concerts), singers, roadies, bartenders, about anyone exposed to high volumes...

Bono has tinnitus and even mentioned it in lyrics, and many many other famous singers, rockstars...

i've had tinnitus for years

get yourself earplugs
codecks
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by codecks »

I have tinnitus for some years now. I hear it when I'm in quiet environments. To too loud music and never protecting my ears when i was younger. I was kinda worried when I realized, took me some time to accept that those bleeping frequencies will be with me for the rest of my live. Nowadays I'm ok with it. When it's not that heavy like in my case I suppose you just have to cope with it. When I go out I tend to protect my ears as much as possible tho I'm not wearing them all the time. I also avoid to get close to the speakers.
minimal my ass !
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

b-ran wrote:
Alex Biron wrote:the other day I was at an apendix shuffle party. I stuffed some toilet paper in my ears, which is what i do when I forget my headphones and a little piece went all the way to the back of my ear. It really sucked but eventually i got it out. So I would warn people to use big pieces if they try this.
haha fck that. after what you just wrote, there's no way i'm going to waste time with that.
It actually works surprisingly well if you're in a bind and don't have anything else - a lot better than going deaf. Use your common sense and you will be fine, obviously...you don't have to cram molecule-sized pieces of paper really deep into your ear canals :lol:
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

miroslav wrote:It actually works surprisingly well if you're in a bind and don't have anything else - a lot better than going deaf. Use your common sense and you will be fine, obviously...you don't have to cram molecule-sized pieces of paper really deep into your ear canals :lol:
haha..
Michael^Heaven wrote:Use cotton for a cheap solution. It stays intact & reduces sound much more effectively than paper.
I've never had an issues due to never using tiny pieces... - as in the obvious outcome... thats unfortunet that you experienced that. :|

also the wax ones are a nice quick / cheap fix -which is in my glove box for immediate use at any given time.
djw
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by djw »

b-ran wrote:but in addition - it boggles my mind how the big name dj's...the guys that have been doing it for years and years still hear and can mix so well. no clue how ricardo can still mix the way he does even after all the damage (without a doubt) that he's done to his ears..
they use high-end earplugs of course. they do this for a living remember. i think i saw another thread about this issue here at mnml, you can get really really good earplugs for about 150 quid... of course this is a lot of money but it enables you to enjoy clubbing, mixing and producing without having to worry about your hearing. i'm definitely getting some. tinnitus is a bitch, i've had it for 2 years now. you get used to it, but if you protect yourself at an early stage you can avoid it all together. i'm just using earplugs now to keep it from getting worse... just realized that this response comes two months after the initial posting. well well. the argument is still valid. peace!
LouisVee
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by LouisVee »

this thread reminds me the "It's all gone Pete Tong" Movie, witch is the story of a superstar Ibiza Dj whos going deaf