mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Marcus Stork »

The sudden death of a over 15 year old electronic music style. funny! :lol:
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

i think the ones truly making minimal havent stopped and are continuing to thrive while they might not be garnering the biggest headlines, theyre certainly not dead or sitting and watching from the sidelines. Yeah "minimal" got hijacked just like anything else worth anything got hijacked.
signatures suck
Gummo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Gummo »

Yeah, genres don't die... they just kind of become "obsolete" because too many people ruin it. EDM is cyclic, so I guess when Alex Young & friends will start making tracks called "Housalistic" and "Housecongas" and even the crappiest italian digital labels will switch to tribal samples, we'll start seeing better quality minimal once again. :)
Marcus Stork
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Marcus Stork »

Gummo wrote:and even the crappiest italian digital labels will switch to tribal samples, we'll start seeing better quality minimal once again. :)

*DRUMROLL*

:lol: :lol: :lol:
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

Gummo wrote:Yeah, genres don't die... they just kind of become "obsolete" because too many people ruin it. EDM is cyclic, so I guess when Alex Young & friends will start making tracks called "Housalistic" and "Housecongas" and even the crappiest italian digital labels will switch to tribal samples, we'll start seeing better quality minimal once again. :)
can i call this post a BOMB ?

:D :D :D
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

Gummo wrote:and even the crappiest italian digital labels will switch to tribal samples, we'll start seeing better quality minimal once again. :)

HA HA HA HA!!!
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

YAY... I just spit out my orange juice... this is indeed a bomb post :D
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
stevësto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by stevësto »

Gummo wrote:Yeah, genres don't die... they just kind of become "obsolete" because too many people ruin it. EDM is cyclic, so I guess when Alex Young & friends will start making tracks called "Housalistic" and "Housecongas" and even the crappiest italian digital labels will switch to tribal samples, we'll start seeing better quality minimal once again. :)
dont forget to throw in some clarinets, obos, some baltic sounding crap, and spanish vocals.

bring in the next big thing, organic minimal! or is that already on the way out?