Hardware Samplers

- ask away
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

i've had an esx for 3 years... every now and then i think about selling it (need cash for max5?) but something always stops me, and then im always thankful i didnt... and then i start thinking about selling it...

gotta say a rack sampler is a completely different animal. if you really want hard techno, get one.
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

I couldn't resist buying this trashcan a while ago:

That thing is sick!! Generates incredibly ''rich'' 12bit, as weird as that sounds. It's 100% techno. :D
brooksmosher
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by brooksmosher »

dubgil wrote:
victorjohn wrote:I just bought a yamaha RS7000 second hand and I think its lovely. The sequencer is unreal.
funny you mention that. I've been after an RS7000 for years, I missed one on ebay for 275 once, computer froze right at the 10seconds to close the bidding. I've seen up as high as $700

I think the RS7000 is the best for sequencing and I'd prolly never use a puter if I had one!

I keep my eyes peeled. Hows the sampling on the RS?
IMO it's not the best sounding sampler - it doesn't cut through the mix like my other gear... i more or less just use my RS7k for sequencing only. if i use it's sound engine i usually load in WAVs via the smart card and it's not likely to be "the meat" of my mix.

the sequencer is definitely the best part and it's worth picking one up for that alone. the realtime control over individual tracks is great. and popping in and out of grid record without stopping the sequence is *the sh!t*.

Brooks
_________

my music

Post by brooksmosher »

oh yeah, one other thing about the RS7000 that's cool is it doubles as an effects box just like the A3000 and so forth. i just run an aux send from my mixer to the sample inputs and voila, reverb, delay, etc... you have to run the aux send pre fader though because there's always a wet/dry mix on the RS (another words it won't just send it back out 100% wet).

Brooks
_________

my music