FORMAT: 12“ & Digital
KTLG: Trapez 095
BARCODE: 880319392917
RELEASE: 09 February 2009

TRACK LIST:

A. Divulge
B. Cable Strap
Digital Bonus: Temper

Tom Dazing is an upcoming artist from Brussels who has released on MB Selektions, Heimatmelodie,
Coincidence, Veryverywrongindeed and ToysForBoys already and with his new EP „Black Magic“
releases his debut on Trapez.

Tom has a powerful production technique and a cool old school appeal which he fuses with modern
sound design. His new release features “Divulge” and “Cable strap” two peak time techno trax with
a heavy 303 bassline that will rock all big floors.

“Divulge” the a-side is destined to be a Berghain hit. The track is a monster. It’s attitude is down to
earth... keeps it simple but effective.

“Cable Strap” on the flipside is a new modern version of music that we believe used to be the post
Chicago sound manifested by Robert Armani and friends. “Cable Strap” is a super cool heavy
rocker with a siren sound that will turn clubs upside down, joined by delicate use of 303 basslines.

“Temper” the digital bonus track has more of an atmospheric deep feeling to it!

Vinyl sales: Kompakt
Digital sales: Beatport, Finetunes, Juno, iTunes, DJ Download, Bleep
Krul
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Krul »

Any samples Tom? :)
cloutier wrote:
minimalwyte wrote:When does Digweed come in?
he comes in around 1994 and leaves around 2002.
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

when listening to the releases of that kind i really have the feeling riley reinhold lost the key to the current situation of the music market.

I would even say trapez/traum is heading nowhere.

nothing against this release, but trapez rec. stood for the "FRESH" sound for so many years and i guess some of us could call this release cool but pls don't tell me this sound is fresh.

good luck with the sales in italy.
Tom Dazing
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Tom Dazing »

do you mean it's not housemusic? :|
'fresh' music is so hard to make since you've also got a 6 month release delay, and fresh is such a personal thing
i do support a lot of these new house oriented labels because they bring brilliant stuff, but i don't think you should assume that other labels are going bad, maybe just different from your taste.

i think a label should not 'follow' the music trends, but try to build up or continue their sound themselves..
i'm in fact quite happy that their are still labels that are not declining my music because it's not trendy house sound like posted in a thread here before.

i still support what i'm doing and that matters most, freedommm... that is what's so beautiful about the whole underground music idea:)
Last edited by Tom Dazing on Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gummo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Gummo »

bshosa wrote: good luck with the sales in italy.
Actually, everyone's doing and playing house in Italy right now. ;)

Didn't like this EP too much but it's cool Trapez has not jumped on the whole house-loop-with-some-weird-sample-for-breakdown bandwagon. Trapez used to be cooler "back in the days" but for a while now I've learnt to expect over-the-top all-electronic techno from Reinold so this release didn't really come as a surprise. Thumbs up to Trapez for having some balls.
michielwijnen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by michielwijnen »

Tom Dazing wrote: i'm in fact quite happy that their are still labels that are not declining my music because it's not trendy house sound like posted in a thread here before.
+1

I like it Tom, good release :)

Good luck with it!
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

I guess I've been misunderstood. Never expressed my feelings expecting "deep loop based house sound". I simply feel the lost of freshness in the sound of Trapez/Traum and sorry if it has hurt you Tom - nothing personal. It for sure is very professional produced release - if I like it or not doesn't matter.

The point is - I just took a look at my Trapez collection and discogs. Results :

2005/2006 names only : Shinedoe, Alex Under, Noze, Marek Bois, Jeff Samuel, SLG - kill me if those names stand for the same sound. But those releases were fantastically fresh and the labels output interesting for everybody. I don't even speak about the beginnings of the label where the sound was much more experimental and crazy.

That's all I wanted to say and watching the music market for few years right now i see the decreasing role of the Reinhold's label family, which has been very strong for years now.

That's only my point of view, all my best with this release and the next ones Tom.