Scene in Melbourne

- open
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Scene in Melbourne

Post by Del »

Hi,

I'm gonna be visiting my brother in Melbourne for three weeks between 23/02/09 - 17/03/09

Can anyone tell me if there’s anything happening between those dates I must check out or even point me in the right direction as far as nice clubs and underground parties go? Any help appreciated!
omnipresence
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by omnipresence »

http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Not from Melb so can't help you. Check that link, at least as a starting point.
pre-amp tango
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pre-amp tango »

there used to be the revolver club, saw voitek there in 2000 (and a gay dance band that dressed up like kermit the frog but played really good music). in this area there were quite a few record shops, they might have flyers for parties...

don't know if the pub/club situation in st. kilda has changed since then, might be a good spot to have a look around. same goes for brunswick road, lots of pubs n stuff there.
Resistance
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Resistance »

definitely check out the melbourne forum on the inthemix link above... It seems relatively quiet around that time unfortunately.

You seemed to have missed the wave of tours, including the local shindig which would have been perfect (SLAP launch on the 13th)

There is this you could check out...
http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/showth ... p?t=243663
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

Cheers guys, I shall def be checking out those links.
don't know if the pub/club situation in st. kilda has changed since then, might be a good spot to have a look around. same goes for brunswick road, lots of pubs n stuff there.
St. Kilda is where I'll be staying, I also have friends in the city so will be hoping to spend time with them also.

It would be great if there was one or two decent record shops still in action...
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by chrisdisco »

pretty simple at 4four has been having a lot of people playing of late. again, check inthemix...