mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Evad »

100% digital
D4RKFORCE
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by D4RKFORCE »

I play only with vinyl, but i always use to put in my flightcase one cd with my last tracks and sometimes another one with promos.

Now i buy 70% online (Decks & Innova) and 30% on a local shop

For the present I think i won't change this :)
nicktem
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nicktem »

vinyl hands down
Octopi
-------------------------------------
warren888k
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by warren888k »

100% vinyl

don't want to buy a laptop and serato or traktor and then spend months digitising my collection(i'm very lazy/want to spend my money on other things)

most of my vinyl comes from online resources. would support my local shop more but they don't get things in as fast as i would like or what i really want most of the time, plus they don't sell hard to find sh!t like discogs.
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

90% vinyl 10% digital

Although a year ago it would have been the other way round.

I switched to Final Scratch about three years ago but buying digital only got boring and and I was getting no personal satisfaction buying, listening to or browsing my digital only collection. I appreciate my vinyl in so many more ways most of which have already been mentioned.

First and foremost I see myself as a music lover, vinyl collector moreso than a DJ (That’s how I started out). I play 2/3 times a month at clubs etc but most of my time is spent just LISTENING to music alone. Not mixing but listening on my turntables. Vinyl serves this purpose better than anything.

I sense a trend that people will go back to buying more vinyl again after making the switch to digital because like me that’s how they developed a passion, love for the music which imo can’t be replaced by mp3

It's a shame when i think of the money i wasted on digital tracks when at the time i THOUGHT i was saving money! I also got fed up compromising on quality by missing out on vinyl only releases all for the sake of saving a few ££

Another point which encouraged me to back to wax was I found it increasingly frustrating having to bring/set up the laptop etc at gigs and usually getting in the way whilst doing so. Recently I’ve started turning up with just my bag of records again ready to play, simple and effective :P
greenlantern
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by greenlantern »

100% vinyl. all day, everyday.
bubbleguuuum
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bubbleguuuum »

VINYL

Not easily searchable

Not easily transportable