piracy does anyone even bother?

- ask away
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

@ Humeka,

Yes and no mate, I mean when the netlabel thing was building momentum there have been situations where labels giving out free stuff were then simply having this stuff repackaged and sold by pirate sites, even though the music was available for free @ the label site and what Smear said earlier is also a good example - even giving it away has it's problems.

It's a shame because it's effectively driving the whole thing into a very controlled and locked down place, I imagine a future where there is no actual processing going on at home level and most people dial in via terminals with pretty much everything having to be paid for with some sort of credit system.

The more people f@ck with it, the more people are going to start saying - I've had enough and controls will get stricter. Eventually you won't be able to buy anywhere other than itunes/beatport etc which would be a shame.

This is all however way in the future, some of the technology is still in development now, and much of it simply at concept level, but it's all driven by the need to stamp out the abuse of the internet, so I just wish people were sensible enough to be honest now and control themselves instead of needing enforcing.

As usual people wanting to cheat the system are spoiling it for the masses. !!!!
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

AVX23 wrote: we need fairtrade MP3's ;)
spot on paddy !
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

humeka wrote:
Alphajuno wrote:If a kid cant afford the track, do you want to stop him from having it?
this kind of statement always surprises me! when you don't have the money to buy something, you don't buy it! as simple as that!!!
if only it was that simple.

also, fair trade mp3....great idea!!!
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

About the broke kid who can't afford sh!t:

Yes... at the end of the day, I'd be a major league asshole not to hand him my music for free if he likes it. Major league.
yacek
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by yacek »

thom wrote:About the broke kid who can't afford sht:

Yes... at the end of the day, I'd be a major league asshole not to hand him my music for free if he likes it. Major league.
yea... it's a bit different if they contact u and are personal... like pirating that shiitt is straight up goin behind ur back and u have no way to track what's being done, the quantity or even quality that it's being distributed at. :!:

u realize though that if someone can afford a computer and an internet connection chances are they're not as broke as u think...
Tiago Barra
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Tiago Barra »

Sorry Guys!!!

There is something diferent here!!!

WE have Piracy

and we have file sharing

2 diferent things wich are related...

And we have art and business, onother 2 diferent things!!!!

art is art

You are only talking about business

I don´t give a damn if anyone gives my music to other... i´m glad about that!!! I´m not in music for the money!!! I´m for fun!!!

Have fun, thanks
yacek
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by yacek »

@ Tiago Barra... ok that's u, but other people do care if someone is downloadin their music for free and that is illegal and wrong.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Tiago Barra wrote: I don´t give a damn if anyone gives my music to other... i´m glad about that!!! I´m not in music for the money!!! I´m for fun!!!

Have fun, thanks
This sort of sums up who pirates think: their own good and f*ck the rest.

What I find really weird is, all artists I know eventually google to see if their music is shared out there and where, by who, etc. It's sort of a reflex, you want to know.

I once ended up on a forum where they were sharing my music. This guy was saying "Pheek got a new release, where can i download it? any seeds?" Alright for the compliment, dude likes my music but it's lazy as hell. He could take 2 minutes and buy it.

So I see this and me with my big loud mouth, I stop by to say "hi, thanks, hello, but would be nice to buy to make me happy." Just being nice and to open a dialog, nothing rude.

A few people tell me to f*ck off and that basically, to shut the f*ck up about sharing that they were going to do it anyway.

(!&?@)!@?

There's something i don't get and maybe someone can explain me here. Now, like before I started to make music, artists are more than often heroes for me and a source of inspiration. I more than often aspire to meet them in real life if possible and would like to know them. If I'd meet an artist i like online, I wouldn't just have fun to tell him to f*ck off...?

Not only you share my music but you also stab me for doing it.

So weird. So so so weird...