Vocal Recording

- ask away
L_gic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by L_gic »

any good cardioid mic will pretty much be good for voice recording. minimizes the chances of funky noises showing up.
Remember. There is no box.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Vocal Recording

Post by victorgonzales »

anizz wrote:Hi Dudes ,

Are there any recommendations / Tutorials when it comes down to Vocal Recording?

For sure a good Studio is the best when it comes down to recording regarding background noise etc... but how do you guys with "lower budget" or you guys that dont have the possibility to go to a studio record your vocals?

Any good recommendations / recording tips for home recording? or is this nearly impossible because of noise and farts in the background!

Maybe there are some Noise Reduction Tools but I dont think that this can help to make your bad recording sound good if you "can have" the possibilty to make a good one without noise.

P.S: sorry if I overread the topics in the search just didnt find a topic about this.

Cheers
I have never had a problem with vocal recording in shitty environments. 99 percent of the time when you throw the recording in a song there will be at least one element playing at the same time as the vocal. If you can get outside noise to a minimum you shouldn't be able to hear much once it is in the song.

A little filtering can help too after recording.
Holva
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Holva »

if you want the voice and the voice only, I have found it far more effective to use dynamic mics as opposed to condenser mics.

also, to help eliminate background noise you should use a bandpass filter to scroll through the highest cutoff frequencies with a tight bandwidth , and when a noise stands out bring the BPF down to the lowest cutoff frequency and adjust the bandwidth until the noise is mostly (or completely) gone. this is usually a lot more effective then noise elimination tools if you are trying to go for a natural sound because most auto noise elimination tools work toward turning complex sounds into simple sounds, and the natural voice is rather complex and composed of many partials (for example, a sinusoid is the most simple of sounds, while noise is composed of randomness). they make for great effects though.

hope that makes sense.