NAMM 2009

- ask away
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

NAMM 2009

Post by Stomper »

Anybody came across something interesting this year?
saw i few stuff on youtube but nothing that amazed me.

NI Maschine looks nice, but nothing special imo. just another drum machine software with dedicated hardware.

when ableton and serato announced their going to develope something new, i was sure its going to be something never seen yet. but that its just a sample player and more cue's.

where is the good stuff?
NewSc2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NewSc2 »

Ableton 8 + Max + Akai APC40 was definitely a welcome upgrade. I've already put in my order for the Live 7 Suite upgrade, so I'm getting Live 8 Suite when it's released.

Spectrasonics Trillian, SSL Duende packages, FXpansion synths, new controllers from M-Audio (they look like they're built well, hopefully the street prices are reasonable). Also looking at the Adam Sub 7-- I could use a small, cheap sub.

I was disappointed that more hardware/software hybrids weren't announced. The Maschine looked cool when it was announced, but after looking at the videos it kind of looks like a knockoff MPC (aka MV8000 + LCD monitor). I don't think it can compete with Live 8 + APC.
S
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S »

I like the sound of maudio's new axiom, with its ability to assign your daws shortcut keys
Broken
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Broken »

Synth Squad has got my ear...(fxpansion.com)

along with live8 of course...always liked bono.
Android
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Android »

Virus TI 3.0 free OS update

Linn Drum II still not ready until Q3 apparently
Storlon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »

Waldorf new soft synth, Largo...

http://www.waldorfmusic.de/en/products/largo
kev_obrien
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kev_obrien »

the new AKAI Ableton Controller looks so tasty! And it is going to be less than $400 US! Unbelievable, I can not wait for this thing!
Holva
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Holva »

I was there, but didn't see anything that particularly excited me aside from Max for Live :shock: :shock: :shock: (sorry I'm an addict.)

the new APC looks great for the price, but the demo itself really didn't impress me. it felt sort of cheap but it's potential is really pretty amazing. i just feel like its to constricting and not open enough... but I guess most ableton users want something that is straight forward and doesn't require heavy configuration.

the funniest thing i saw was definitely the pacemaker. the guy who was presenting it to me told me that richie hawtin is moving towards making it his primary dj tool. he got upset when I laughed at that. that thing is cool, but its cool in the sense of "ok, I can DJ on my flight". the problem is that it is about $900.

also, seeing that richie apparently uses every DJ software ever made, and endorses every control surface as well was great news.