why everyone loves beatport?

- open
Flo/w
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Flo/w »

Many times i take beatport like a recommandation .. i hear some tunes .. i search them .. but when i don't find them .. i buy ..
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

brownlow wrote:
nierika wrote:www.kompakt-mp3.net, toast, now a Beatport affiliate site. Sad.
sad indeed if this is true, but one thing I can't stand about the new kompakt website is that all the release news capitalises every single word!!! ARRGHHH! ...eats, shoots, and leaves.

example: http://www.kompakt.fm/releases/paradigm ... m_the_deep
haha, that is indeed annoying to read...
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

if there wasn't something to bitch at, how else could i look so aloof?
- matt
djSethNichols
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Digital?

Post by djSethNichols »

I don't support any digital shops.
The idea of money being spent on digital files is, now, beyond me. Even if I can't get it on vinyl, there's more than enough good vinyl releases to be had.
spacewhitey
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by spacewhitey »

Barry Gaj wrote:
PsyTox wrote:
Barry Gaj wrote:
:D

Oh yeah...how could I forgot I had an external drive burn out on me including approx £400 worth of downloads from them....so I tried to download them again (they are only digital files after all!)....and it doesn't allow me......i find this to be pretty shocking!!!

:(
backup your stuff. backup your stuff. backup your stuff.

No matter how many times you tell people this, there's always one that won't do it, and then has to complain on a board that the store is full of bad persons because he was the lazy/careless person to begin with.

WHO ARE YOU TO CALL ME LAZY/CARELESS?!?........even if i am......i think you missed my point! My point is that they are only digital files...not a material object.........I never said anything about bad people at the store.....i just think once you download a "DIGITAL" file you should be able to download again as it is not a material object!

NOBODY LIKES A SMART ARSE ........... YOU PRICK!!!
easy there big fella.....

try emailing customer service. they will almost ALWAYS reload your downloads upon request. they want to keep their HUGE base of customers happy, believe me. if the downloads were constantly available for re-download, what would stop dishonest people from giving out their login to let their buddy's to download the tracks they had bought, which would contribute to increasing stolen music.......think it through and take some time to solve your problem before you bash someone for making fun of you for a really DUMB post. further, it's not nice to call people names : )

once you get them reloaded and downloaded again, back them up, twice

: )
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

Barry Gaj wrote:I only go on for things in particular that I can't get elsewhere...eg Sandwell District....it has the largest selection of stuff.....I'm curious as to why they seem to have the monopoly and there is no other real competitor with the same catalogue?

The site is gash!!...It's not user friendly, over priced and a bit cheesy and overloaded with pish
:(
as for why there are no competitors:

beatport signs labels exclusive(and then adds an extra 1 euro for those tracks!) so that others shops have no chance to have those labels in their catalogue. it is truly an american monopoly-oriented business model. the labels make more money/track by selling their music at a higher price as exclusive.

sadly, many labels prefer to sell less copies for more profit, instead of selling more (and cheaper) copies to a wider audience in all the shops at the same time...

capitalism at it's finest.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

zentex wrote:sadly, many labels prefer to sell less copies for more profit, instead of selling more (and cheaper) copies to a wider audience in all the shops at the same time...
But the labels don't sell more cheaper at other shops, read all the threads again and especially the posts from label owners, everyone writes that BP is around 90-98% of their digital sales. It's the same for us, also before we went exclusive, and by the way, exclusive means 1 or 2 months, after that the tracks are available in other shops too (just some labels don't do this, because there really isn't much money in these other shops, so it can be stupid to use time and energy just to earn an extra 10 euro per month from 25 other shops in total).
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

patrick bateman wrote:
zentex wrote:sadly, many labels prefer to sell less copies for more profit, instead of selling more (and cheaper) copies to a wider audience in all the shops at the same time...
But the labels don't sell more cheaper at other shops, read all the threads again and especially the posts from label owners, everyone writes that BP is around 90-98% of their digital sales. It's the same for us, also before we went exclusive, and by the way, exclusive means 1 or 2 months, after that the tracks are available in other shops too (just some labels don't do this, because there really isn't much money in these other shops, so it can be stupid to use time and energy just to earn an extra 10 euro per month from 25 other shops in total).
firstly: at the BP exclusive tracks are 1 euro more expensive than non-exclusive tracks. at other shops, say Whatpeopleplay, Boomkat or Digital Tunes the same tracks would be sold cheaper...if they could sell them.

secondly, you're just confirming my exact point: instead of selling in all the shops at the same time (and selling more copies, obviously), labels prefer being exclusive with BP and sell less copies but with more profit. obviously BP's sales are biggest because other shops don't have a chance to sell the same product=labels because the exclusivity deals. this is a vicious circle that can't be reversed as long as the labels prefer their exclusivity deals.

but the most important point is this:

as the result of this policy it is the customers who suffer from this the most: we are obliged to buy the tracks from BP, for a higher price, because there is no chance to compare the prices and services of all the shops make our own choice.