mnml mmbr

New Akai controller for Ableton Live

Post by lcvl »

Dubby music & free samples http://leocavallo.bandcamp.com
nakoradiomies
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nakoradiomies »

looks pretty awesome! hope it wont cost too much:)
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

yeah that looks cool
but i want one of these http://createdigitalmusic.com/2008/10/0 ... -io-synth/
dubgil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil »

can anyone determine if it will have midi in/outs
Barry Gaj
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barry Gaj »

lookin good....although i would've liked some rotaries above the faders for eq control......any idea on prices?
Oosh ya beezer
Rosscoah
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rosscoah »

Rumours are $399
Philip Flindt
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Philip Flindt »

I think it looks pretty awesome... I agree with the rotary, but for me this is more a performance controller, rather than a "control surface"

I think its a really great option with the led clip buttons if they can change colour to mach your setup.
Artist on Freunde Tontraeger
Philip Flindt
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Philip Flindt »

After viewing some of the promotion videos of Ableton Live 8 and the APC40 I really think there is some major issues!

First of... I think its pour that the controller only shows 3 different colours. I think they should have made it so the colour YOU have chosen for your clip is the same colour the APC shows... I think it will get confusing to look at so many red clip button. You won't be able to tell them appart. Instead you have to keep focus on your computer screen, and I don't think thats a purpose for a controller.

Regarding Ableton (sorry if this off topic?) I think the upcoming version 8 have some nice features but it is more show off than actual great workflow enhancements!!! I have tried most of the sequensers out there and I really miss features from ex. Logic Pro. We NEEEEED curves for the automation! We need as well some more customization features the "screen views". Like if I would have a hotkey to view ONLY the mixer!

When mixing in Ableton compared to Logic Pro the output is much better and defined, so I really understand why commercial studios don't take up Live. The VU meters is not accurate ennough at all.
I do understand that Ableton is more ment to be the "creative" musicians tool, but sense version 1, the ammount of users has grown and I DO UNDERSTAND WHY! It's a great sequenser. So... Why don't get the real pro features like complete accurate mixing.

If any off you think that I am wrong please give feedback. Perhaps I haven't used Ableton long enough?
Artist on Freunde Tontraeger