Kompakt MP3

- ask away
brownlow
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by brownlow »

Their new website mentions kompakt-mp3 will be back up in March, but it's not very good business to not inform everyone that you're closing. I wouldn't be surprised if they move to Beatport. Still, I quite liked their little Mp3packs that they sent you and also the simple system for listening to tracks. The search wasn't great though.
I'll be interested to see what their new site looks like, especially now that Beatport are updating.
pito
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by pito »

it all goes to beatport.
who's going to beat that monopoly?
allowing expenses share? my ass
foxal
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by foxal »

bum-tak wrote:i really liked the site, cus it had stuff you couldnt get elsewhere
like:

goosehound
profan
studio 1
audio.nl
avionix

etc

anyone knows if one of the labels mentioned are available on other shops
or if they will be available on BP in the future?
studio 1 is on whatpeopleplay.com I like this shop
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

The whole remastered Studio 1 collection is available on CD now - worth getting for sure :)

Avionix/AVXR will be unavailable for the time being, until we suss out what's going on distributionwise, that make take a little bit of time, but in the meantime I'll be releasing on other labels as usual with more focus on the stuff I do with Smear as Forward Strategy group, and Federsen has just signed up with Thinner to do an album which will be fantastic.

There will also be Isodyne material coming on a new dubsteb label - hopefully in the summer, but that's under wraps for now :)

Other than that - the free stuff remains free and will be unafected by this.
Broken
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Broken »

its funny i asked about kompakt last week and were told it would be back

this was obviously not right...but yeah we didnt hear anything at all eithe.r
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

I'm not sure they are coming back , as in - I think they will put all of their Kompakt stuff through beatport and a very limited amt of associate labels but that's it, I might be thinking too negatively, but I don't think little labels are going to even get so much as a thank you goodnight, let alone being able to settle their accounts.

I'm a little concerned as one of our artists recently got picked up by someone else who wants to release some of their stuff that we put with kompakt. As Kompakt may have registered the artist with GEMA (always very vague about this when I spoke to them) I'm forseeing future problems of that nature and further benifit to kompakt without them even lifting a finger.

It's things like this that mean it's very irresponsible of them to simply stop the relationship with many of us without any indication of what's going on or what happens next, particularly the one's who exclusively dealt with them, you would have thought that would have offered some sort of mutual respect at least.

If they have decided for buisness reasons or time restraint reasons that they no longer wish to do buisness with us, fine - I wish them well, but I'm not so keen about being left in the dark - it totally sucks and there's no way to simply be patient about it when you have a certain responsibility to other people such as we do.

Anyway - don't want to sound like I have sour grapes, but if anyone does hear any more - please drop me a PM and let me know or whatnot - I'd be keen to hear what's going on as there's little coming from that camp on the subject :)

And if anyone see's a bearded man shoplifting from the Kompakt shop at the weekend - shhh , I gotta get my moneys somehow ;) heheh (in the old days this would have been the way - hahaha).
Broken
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Broken »

yeah its funny not having official final word on this matter, were already at beatport directly so i guess it doesnt effect us in the same way...still interested tho.