mnml newbie

Post by Perc Trax »

Another great EP from Leo ;)
lcvl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lcvl »

Thanks Ali!
I'm here waiting for you-know-what... Whenever you're ready! ;-)

@ Dubgil: If I remember right the stabs for Null 01 are three different samples. Two synth chords and one organ chord, all recorded from a Clavia "G1" Nord Modular. They were filtered and processed with delays, reverb and phaser. Some hits were also time-stretched to create that kind of smearing effect. No big secret, really.
I'm pretty sure you are spending more time over-conceptualizing the whole thing than giving it a go yourself.
Keep trying, accept the results (even if not that great at first) and finish the tune.
Next tune is gonna be better, and you'll learn a lot of other aspects of production during the process.
Really, I'm telling you from personal experience...
Dubby music & free samples http://leocavallo.bandcamp.com
dubgil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil »

lcvl wrote:Thanks Ali!
I'm here waiting for you-know-what... Whenever you're ready! ;-)

@ Dubgil: If I remember right the stabs for Null 01 are three different samples. Two synth chords and one organ chord, all recorded from a Clavia "G1" Nord Modular. They were filtered and processed with delays, reverb and phaser. Some hits were also time-stretched to create that kind of smearing effect. No big secret, really.
I'm pretty sure you are spending more time over-conceptualizing the whole thing than giving it a go yourself.
Keep trying, accept the results (even if not that great at first) and finish the tune.
Next tune is gonna be better, and you'll learn a lot of other aspects of production during the process.
Really, I'm telling you from personal experience...
thanks for all the help, i messed around with an 'organ' patch yesterday and made a lot of progress. Thanks again, I can't believe i made it so hard on myself. But I enjoy the learning curve