14%
OTHER
45%

Total votes: 22

0x7f
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 0x7f »

yes thats why i thought i add it to a subdomain so people can paste it outside of mnml.nl say on myspace etc.. once we have a full list compiled, i guess it would work. that way it would be exposed to a wide audience.
Daniel Logikal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Daniel Logikal »

Sure thing guys.

I will disable the poll.

I agree with the concept of writing in the netlabel and submitting the anwer.

0x7f has a nice poll going with a lot of labels listed, but can you script/develop this other idea? (of writing in the label name & submitting - no options). Surely someone has the contact that can develop this poll?

Let's work together to set it up.

Cheers

Daniel
0x7f
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 0x7f »

well i could code something quickly, but without live stats. that means i would have an input box where a user can write the label in and then once the poll is finished would create a statistic on which labels where submitted and how many. But! i can imagine that this could bring up some problems i.e. typos or bullshit the users type in. i dont know if i want to browse hundreds if not thousands of lines and then check if every single submission is even a netlabel.. still don't think its a good idea, but if you guys think its so much better i guess i could set it up but someone of you can sort it at the end :D
dilo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dilo »

lets call some NASA experts!
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Daniel Logikal wrote:Just highlight 'other' and mention what it is in the reply thread :) because the poll option on here is limited to the number of options able to be listed.
let me see if I can make unlimited poll options....
dilo wrote:lets call some NASA experts!
haha..

or you could just recreate the poll... and list all the others mentioned in their reply..

add them as each user gives their input of their favorite until all are accounted for...

then have/ask the user to go back to the poll (once it's been added) and vote for their favorite net label.

then the poll count will be accurate..
markojux
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by markojux »

dilo wrote:lets call some NASA experts!
they are not smart enuff for this exercise...

www.pinksilver.net
Daniel Logikal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Daniel Logikal »

0x7f wrote:well i could code something quickly, but without live stats. that means i would have an input box where a user can write the label in and then once the poll is finished would create a statistic on which labels where submitted and how many. But! i can imagine that this could bring up some problems i.e. typos or bullshit the users type in. i dont know if i want to browse hundreds if not thousands of lines and then check if every single submission is even a netlabel.. still don't think its a good idea, but if you guys think its so much better i guess i could set it up but someone of you can sort it at the end :D
Sure thing, whats your suggestion then? As it appears you will be the generous one to host the poll! 8)
0x7f
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 0x7f »

sure i can host it no problem ;) well my suggestion was to add a static poll, but as i said, if everyone prefers to enter own labels into a form and those would be counted later on, then i can do that aswell...guess we should hurry a bit tho, not that this discussion continues till summer :D

so best would be everyone lists his labels he wants to see in the poll and i'll add it. if we have a "external" url people can post it around on the net (myspace,facebook,forums whatever..) and so we would have a much bigger audience.