Post by Mindhacker »

thx i have pc and mac also

the usb card i dont have :(
dubgil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil »

I have both! before them, I had all the 1st genertion Electribes
(To say I'm a KORG fan is an understatement - I do miss my er-1)

Both are great for mnml if you really get to know the machines really well.
With the EMX, you have to get deep with it, if you don't spend time learning all she can do, you could get bored with her. Once I clicked with MS EMX her blue beauty ensnared me into an eternal worship.

The ESX - you want to take samples/loops this is a great machine! I got one a few months ago afer owning all the 1st generation. Even though I had the ES-1 (previous version of this sampler) I never put my time into it. Now with the ESX I am using it more than anything. Having learned how the EMX worked in and out, it paid off a great deal. Now I'm learning simple things about samples themselves. What I have had such a pleasure with is manipulating samples to things you never thought of

You constantly read posts on forms from peeps saying take a loop and make it your own. I always thought that never made sense becuase it seemed counter to using the loops in the first place. However, I can testify to the joy it brings of doing this. THE ESX is great becuase with all the knobs at your finger tips you quickly find yourself creating something you never imagined.

The other night I felt like using a hip hop loop (which is not my style at all) before I knew it, I had cut it, pitched it, modulated it, distorted it, filtered it, etc into a Kompakt style beat. It was my intention to create a trip hop type thing that night, but my tendency is always boom boom boom boom. Anyway, it is too fun to do this so much on the fly. You can't do so so easily with point and click on the computer.

With the ESX you *(MUST)* purchase a card reader to get the samples from the computer to your sampler.

Also go to korg website to get the update firmware

if you need more help deciding , contact me off list.
ELectribes are awesome!
revy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by revy »

dubgil wrote: With the EMX, you have to get deep with it, if you don't spend time learning all she can do, you could get bored with her. Once I clicked with MS EMX her blue beauty ensnared me into an eternal worship.
just curious...how did you "click" with it exactly? What makes this box work for you? I've had one for about a year and it's collecting dust mostly...although recently I'm trying to integrate it more into my livepa instead of just recording loops with it. and yes i've read the manual ;)
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

My EMX collected dust for about a year too. Then i decided to make a track using only the EMX. once i made a decent track with it i started using it more and more and i got to know it. So the more you use it the better it gets.
FineGrind&Benson
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by FineGrind&Benson »

hi there ! has anybody a copy of the wave organizer ? the official website is down and i need this tool for a upcoming livepa ...it would be really great - thanks _F&B
FineGrind&Benson
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by FineGrind&Benson »

ok - the site is working now ! thanks anyway ...