what's your favorite set of 2008?

- open
petekay
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by petekay »

Stewart Walker live in Nashville 12.08. Right in my back yard. (-)
beau_bullet
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by beau_bullet »

chrisdisco wrote:
beau_bullet wrote:In terms of a non-commercial dj narrative the winner has to be Rising Sun's set for randomcircuits.com or Soulphiction's Philpot Showcase for December (Carhartt Radio).
yeah, the rising sun set is brilliant, isnt it? the philpot showcase mix didnt really work for me, though. i've liked his other mixes much more.
well Soulphiction and Rising Sun are obviously two different approaches and IMHO they complement each other perfectly. But yeah, Carhartt one is definitely the underdog here. Btw, you mention other sets by Soulphiction...could you direct me to some of those please? I've only managed to get the YouFM one...
infiltrate, corrupt, inspire and disappear...
dave_essex
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dave_essex »

seph live in buenos aries has def got to be up there :D
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

dave_essex wrote:seph live in buenos aries has def got to be up there :D
yea!

others i dug this year:

ben klock @ bodytonic podcast
tolga fidan @ ibiza voice
butane - 9 weeks minitek podcast
dave_essex
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dave_essex »

o yeah how could i forget the butune podcast, really nice beats and textures in that mix.
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by chrisdisco »

beau_bullet wrote:
chrisdisco wrote:
beau_bullet wrote:In terms of a non-commercial dj narrative the winner has to be Rising Sun's set for randomcircuits.com or Soulphiction's Philpot Showcase for December (Carhartt Radio).
yeah, the rising sun set is brilliant, isnt it? the philpot showcase mix didnt really work for me, though. i've liked his other mixes much more.
well Soulphiction and Rising Sun are obviously two different approaches and IMHO they complement each other perfectly. But yeah, Carhartt one is definitely the underdog here. Btw, you mention other sets by Soulphiction...could you direct me to some of those please? I've only managed to get the YouFM one...
this is the mnml ssgs mix he did for us as jackmate. i'm sure you'll love it - truly an amazing mix. the amount of ground he covers is breathtaking.

http://fairtilizer.com/tracks/10261/download
Bob Mulatu
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Bob Mulatu »

Dario Zenker Live @ Watergate

(-)
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Troy's minitek set has been on for 2 months now.. Great selection and awesome effect usage.