STICKY question..

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

STICKY question..

Post by Zsa Zsa »

Hey all, I just have a simple question ...

(I'm posting it here and not in the "general" section because it's about live sets/mixes etc) * so mod's - feel free to move it if need be. :)

I just want to know what the guidelines are for sticky's in this thread. I've seen a lot of amazing sets by many artists that have gone unnoticed - ie: rare sets, specially requested sets, and even some that were requested to be posted as a sticky (over and over by its listeners), and yet this did not occur.

I also want to ask people their opinion on the duration a set/mix remains a sticky. I have noticed, for instance, the current sticky has been up there since oct 31 (that's a month and a half now).

It is to my understanding that a sticky is reserved for artists that deserve attention and appreciation (this is granted) -- But to be fair -- shouldn't the moderators look at making this option more free-flowing and evenly distributed between other artist's contributions?

Now, I do understand that not EVERYONE can be listed as a sticky -- but based on what I'm witnessing, I will conclude that it would be nice to see a more random selection of artists getting their moment of attention and appreciation.

Just my 2 cents :)

"Upon the highest throne in the world, we are seated, still, upon our arses." .. Michel de Montaigne
revy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by revy »

+1

no offense to the fine moderators here(their music is great too)...but the two mixes currently stickyed are ummm....by the moderators.
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

revy wrote:+1

no offense to the fine moderators here(their music is great too)...but the two mixes currently stickyed are ummm....by the moderators.
i noticed that yesterday also, quite funny :lol:
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

peculiar how i mention the lack of moderation in the requests room and now something else has come up...

in any event, i've been curious about this as well. it seemed like, for a while there, there was a steady rotation of the stickied sets in this forum. they'd last for a week or so, and they were constantly being switched out and moved around so people could get some new, interesting music, and artists that were getting notoriety were furthering their careers. locals and international talent were treated on a level playing field and it made this forum that much more welcoming.

but now we've got two stickied threads by both the moderators, and they've remained dormant far past their prime or relevance.

now, i'm in no way tooting my own horn here, but just in the last week my five hour set has gotten five or six requests to be stickied with zero action. there's been countless others that definitely deserve this sort of treatment (the mnml ssg podcasts, the agnes ibiza voice, etc), but again...they fall to the wayside.

and no one can say they didn't notice it...these are very popular threads in the most popular section of the forum. i find it hard to believe that they were looked over.

biases and personal opinions sometimes need to be put to the wayside when it comes to successful moderation, especially of a diplomatic forum such as this one. there's no reason that things should have fallen apart so rapidly in the last few months, but something sure does need to be bandaged.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
TwelveHundred
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TwelveHundred »

element.8 wrote:peculiar how i mention the lack of moderation in the requests room and now something else has come up...

in any event, i've been curious about this as well. it seemed like, for a while there, there was a steady rotation of the stickied sets in this forum. they'd last for a week or so, and they were constantly being switched out and moved around so people could get some new, interesting music, and artists that were getting notoriety were furthering their careers. locals and international talent were treated on a level playing field and it made this forum that much more welcoming.

but now we've got two stickied threads by both the moderators, and they've remained dormant far past their prime or relevance.

now, i'm in no way tooting my own horn here, but just in the last week my five hour set has gotten five or six requests to be stickied with zero action. there's been countless others that definitely deserve this sort of treatment (the mnml ssg podcasts, the agnes ibiza voice, etc), but again...they fall to the wayside.

and no one can say they didn't notice it...these are very popular threads in the most popular section of the forum. i find it hard to believe that they were looked over.

biases and personal opinions sometimes need to be put to the wayside when it comes to successful moderation, especially of a diplomatic forum such as this one. there's no reason that things should have fallen apart so rapidly in the last few months, but something sure does need to be bandaged.
I concur...

I think that a sub forum of this could be wise as well. One that stickies sets for a month and how you can do that is by stickied all the threads possible... which is like what, 50 topics?

Monthy, 50 stickies, 50 mixes, a new 50 each month.

My 2 cents.
Last edited by TwelveHundred on Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
TwelveHundred
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TwelveHundred »

Maybe I have my topics set to 50 per page?

Default is 25 maybe?
Vito
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

stickiness

Post by Vito »

Glad sumone sed this bin thinkin it for a while
Beethovan acknowledged the visionary qualities of his music,saying those who understand it are freed from the miseries which others drag around with them....
Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

Mods regulating this section : What are your thoughts? There are some good ideas here....

We'd like to hear from you :)
"Upon the highest throne in the world, we are seated, still, upon our arses." .. Michel de Montaigne