mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by grace anxiety »

:D
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

I can appreciate your enthusiasm and willingness to help.

we are always open for suggestion(s) to improve the forum. perhaps send me a pm of your thoughts if I have not address them here.

Im not sure if locking threads is beneficial to others that may browse and enjoy learning the track in question. furthermore I don't believe we need guidelines and/or strict rules for a request Id. perhaps it would create a lot of busy work and restrict our users. our search feature is far to be desired and therefore even if everyone searched it still wouldn't be efficient and to police some sort of guidelines is unnecessary.

in all actuality the only way you could track things is if after the track was identified each user would put the track title in their thread which is not going to happen and/or not realistic that everyone would follow.

as far as the mods go... we currently have 12 already....
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

with guidelines i think he means a guide to a better "request". some kind of "sticky". not an definitive rulebook that needs to be followed. just a guide to new people to find good sites to upload the id's too etcetc. it makes life easier for everyone, especially those who wants to help other and id the tracks.

im not sure im up to the idea of locking threads also.. it would be better if [Solved] would be put in the topic.. or some other idea!

as for a moderator in a forum, i think a moderator should be an active one... the current one (gillsans) has made two posts in the last two years there.. (according to the search function).. i would hardly call that active. element8 would be a great addition. if you dont want to add more moderators atleast you can change to someone else active.
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

thomasjaldemark wrote:with guidelines i think he means a guide to a better "request". some kind of "sticky". not an definitive rulebook that needs to be followed. just a guide to new people to find good sites to upload the id's too etcetc. it makes life easier for everyone, especially those who wants to help other and id the tracks.

im not sure im up to the idea of locking threads also.. it would be better if [Solved] would be put in the topic.. or some other idea!

as for a moderator in a forum, i think a moderator should be an active one... the current one (gillsans) has made two posts in the last two years there.. (according to the search function).. i would hardly call that active. element8 would be a great addition. if you dont want to add more moderators atleast you can change to someone else active.
+1
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

bshosa wrote:
thomasjaldemark wrote:with guidelines i think he means a guide to a better "request". some kind of "sticky". not an definitive rulebook that needs to be followed. just a guide to new people to find good sites to upload the id's too etcetc. it makes life easier for everyone, especially those who wants to help other and id the tracks.

+1
+2
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

thomasjaldemark wrote:as for a moderator in a forum, i think a moderator should be an active one... the current one (gillsans) has made two posts in the last two years there.. (according to the search function).. i would hardly call that active. element8 would be a great addition. if you dont want to add more moderators atleast you can change to someone else active.
jamie is my boy and all, but yeah...defeats the purpose of having him if he's never here.

hell, i haven't even seen an admin logged in in like a year.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

element.8 wrote:
thomasjaldemark wrote:as for a moderator in a forum, i think a moderator should be an active one... the current one (gillsans) has made two posts in the last two years there.. (according to the search function).. i would hardly call that active. element8 would be a great addition. if you dont want to add more moderators atleast you can change to someone else active.
jamie is my boy and all, but yeah...defeats the purpose of having him if he's never here.

hell, i haven't even seen an admin logged in in like a year.
Just get back to IDing tracks and shut yer piehole. :lol:
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

element.8 wrote:so do any of the admins log in anymore to make this happen...? hahah.
element.8 wrote:hell, i haven't even seen an admin logged in in like a year.
Im an admin and I log in daily...
thomasjaldemark wrote:with guidelines i think he means a guide to a better "request". some kind of "sticky". not an definitive rulebook that needs to be followed.
I agree as long as its not definitive. since it's our 2nd most popular forum Im sure it wouldn't hurt..

their are endless sites to upload the samples I'd prefer the ones that you can instantly listen to vs downloading.... - for example: http://www.zshare.net * however 90% of the threads I've ever read already use them.

suggestion of zshare.net which is already being implemented and the use of changing the title..

* announcement already implemented. P.s. since now I'm aware it's a concern I'll keep a better eye on the forum.

I've also requested no more than 5 bumps per request...

Thank you for the feedback.
Last edited by John Clees on Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.