Minimal Spam

- open
sven laux
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Minimal Spam

Post by sven laux »

db2 wrote:Why is it that every minimal artist/person/label that I add to my myspace always spams my comments with an ad and their beatport player. Nothing personal, not a note, not asking if its ok, but just constantly, everyday my comments are getting nailed with spam, and its 98% from minimal artists and labels. I have more techno and hard techno contacts on my list, but its always the minimal guys spamming me. It's annoying and gets you banned!

:x
+1
Menno
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Menno »

I deny alot of people, only people i like i add, if the music sucks, i report them as spam, and if they put likt this stupid fake message with it, like; hey tjeck out my new tunes, then i just respond with, how about no
HATE SPAM! cheap artists try to get famous by sending out their pages to everybody

i always say,
if you're good, they'll come to you

so stop spamming, hoping to get some recognition with your tracks that sound the same like everything else, stupid crap artists
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

patrick bateman wrote:I agree.

Pr/commercials/promotion is a bad thing in this world, also for electronic music.

Please keep it underground, very underground and very secret!

:!: :!:
Dude... there's ways to do it. Everyone is fed up of myspace spam. thats not new! :shock:
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

I had contact with the Myspace marketing manager in EU last week for work and they are aware of the clutter & ads and are working very hard to clean their sh!t up.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

pheek wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:I agree.

Pr/commercials/promotion is a bad thing in this world, also for electronic music.

Please keep it underground, very underground and very secret!

:!: :!:
Dude... there's ways to do it. Everyone is fed up of myspace spam. thats not new! :shock:
did I forget this smiley ( :lol: :lol: ), so everyone could see it was ironic?
Come on JP... :)

EDIT: on a more serious note. When we (ttt+c4+pb) accept friend request we do a 'thanks for the request, check our latest release bla bla' comment back to the requester, and then we do party promotion to the local danish profiles when we have some parties... Besides that nothing. This I find to be fine, because it has relevance.
I agree that most of the advertising can be a pain in the ass, especially when it has no relevance for the receiver.

Just my 2cent, you guys can just block me if it's not okay with you ;)
Last edited by patrick bateman on Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dzan
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dzan »

hmmm, i actually don't approve request from music profiles which i don't know or i'm not interested...
db2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by db2 »

I find alot of those 'thanks for the add's' cheesy and annoying. I have a couple standards. If I sought you out and added you then its usually ok because I like your stuff or know you or your close friends. Even then there are ways to do it that look professional, or are funny, or witty, and then there are ways that just look generic and cheesy. If it's generic and cheesy its gone. Also if its just a link to your beatport player with nothing else but 'check our new release', then unless I really like your work or respect your label it's gone.

I dunno, if you are a large institution or label I can understand the generic 'thanks for the add'. But if you're a small label or group, and chances are the one or two people in charge are still checking their own myspace, then find some way to make your response personable, or funny, or subtle.

Also, in terms of appreciating fans, if you're a small organization there's something about the generic 'thanks for the add' post thats kind of odd, it's like your not appreciative of adding 1 fan to your roster, but you only see that one person as a tool to reach more people.

I know this begins to walk a thin line, but it's why I think it's so important to find a subtle, or humorous, or yes, even minimal, way to do it lol.

Anyhow, just some of my rambling thoughts, trying to think of ways to make myspace feel other then just a big circle jerk of "thanks for the add!" spam.
minimim
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by minimim »

once I got a " quality tracks inhere " comment and i'm not a producer.
It's ridiculous how hard we try.