patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Android wrote:vinyl always has a resale option

especially if its a limited pressing of an amazing tune

people will pay $100+ for certain tracks on discogs

MP3 have no resale value what so ever
True and thank you for that, because that means that I can get quite some good money at the moment for a lot of my old vinyl that has been on the shelves for years...
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

BLM - "I find most music throwaway"

That is really sad to hear, but unfortunately true. A lot of music nowadays does seem to be there to be enjoyed for a few weeks, then forgotten about. Is this perhaps related to the rise of MP3 format? As vinyl is more expensive, labels may have been more fussy in the past, but now with so many netlabels etc it seems to me a lot of tracks are being released which would never have made it on to a vinyl release in the past, as they are just not good enough. Also, when I can sit down at my PC and download 50 tracks for free tonight, I won't really feel involved with the music, or properly get to know it, so it will indeed feel more throwaway and superficial.

It would be better if people treated mp3 like vinyl, only buying the really special tracks, treating the music with respect, never stealing it etc, but unfortunately we all like a bargain, and so people will continue to fill their hard drives with music, and never actually get to know and love it all. I'd rather have less, but enjoy it more!
fugazi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fugazi »

nicktem
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nicktem »

::BLM:: wrote: Yeah thats what I meant. I still beleive Digital is the cheaper option though. It costs a few pounds for me to download a mp3 and stick it onto Cd where as a vinyl costs about £7 for one. I still buy both, but limit myself to vinyl as I find most music 'throw away' so just tend to stick to stuff i really love on vinyl and the rest ill buy on mp3.

It will be a sad day if vinyl ever disconinues or just the larger labels dropping to 500 units. I myself cant see labels like minus ever do that as they have such a big following people will always buy there music. I wonder what the average is at the moment for record sales. I think in general I know labels are doing about 500...
Yeah im the same, just buy stuff i love on vinyl and stuff i like on digital. Though, sometimes you go a bit crazy with vinyl and just end up buying heaps of sh!t, then realise, crap! i spent too much money :!:
Octopi
-------------------------------------
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Intergroove Spain has gone down today. :cry:
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

::BLM:: wrote:Intergroove Spain has gone down today. :cry:
Where did you see/hear about this?
G3rard
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by G3rard »

After 2 years of playing cds (I started because I couldnt afford to keep up with the latest releases) Ive recently started buying new vinyl again more for myself than for playing out. I buy maybe 4-5 records each month records which are unavailable on download and the bits and pieces which I know i'll still be playing in 5 years time.

Im not precious about vinyl, far from it and I dont feel I owe anything to this scene but I think if every dj put a small amount aside every month to buy a few select pieces of vinyl or even full artist albums then it will go a short way to supporting your favourite artists & labels and hopefully help the future of the 12".
D4RKFORCE
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by D4RKFORCE »

patrick bateman wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:Intergroove Spain has gone down today. :cry:
Where did you see/hear about this?
http://www.onlyhousemusic.org/Intergroo ... mm704.html

It's sad but true :(

My english is not very good but It sais something like

"In a short mail, people from Intergroove Spain let us know that they stop their activities in Spain from today.

After 12 years of hard work and because of the worldwide crisis in this sector, Intergroove meets obliged to make some changes in his way of work.

From today, december the 4th of 2008, we move all our management to our head offices in Frankfurt, Germany."