Neuton....

- open
nicktem
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nicktem »

patrick bateman wrote:@Nicktem:
You can't compare major sales with our sales.
I don't have the figures, but I really don't believe that vinyl sales for electronic music should be rising!

@BLM: Is that a fact you know for sure, that many labels sell over 1.000? As far as I know, it's only a very few that sells over 1.000. Even labels like Kompakt, Poker Flat, Get Physical have many of their releases that are just close to the 1.000 mark....
Yeah i know, i said that. I was just trying to be optimistic... still love vinyl. But you have to admit that is good news to hear vinyl is on the increase for major labels, it may flow over onto us?
Octopi
-------------------------------------
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

nicktem wrote:
I don't have the figures, but I really don't believe that vinyl sales for electronic music should be rising!

@BLM: Is that a fact you know for sure, that many labels sell over 1.000? As far as I know, it's only a very few that sells over 1.000. Even labels like Kompakt, Poker Flat, Get Physical have many of their releases that are just close to the 1.000 mark....
Yeah i know, i said that. I was just trying to be optimistic... still love vinyl. But you have to admit that is good news to hear vinyl is on the increase for major labels, it may flow over onto us?
Well, it is actually 5 years ago or more that vinyl sales raised for the major labels and had them starting to do vinyl again, so no, I don't believe it will flow over to 'us' at all... vinyl sales has only gone 1 way for electronic music, and that is down :(
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

patrick bateman wrote:
nicktem wrote:

Well, it is actually 5 years ago or more that vinyl sales raised for the major labels and had them starting to do vinyl again, so no, I don't believe it will flow over to 'us' at all... vinyl sales has only gone 1 way for electronic music, and that is down :(
Yep. True. I think its because the new wave of wannabee dj's are going for digital and not vinyl. As well as digital being the cheaper option, you have the likes of Richie Hawtin pushing digital so all these new dj's that love hawtin are going to copy what he does.
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

::BLM:: wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
nicktem wrote:

Yep. True. I think its because the new wave of wannabee dj's are going for digital and not vinyl. As well as digital being the cheaper option, you have the likes of Richie Hawtin pushing digital so all these new dj's that love hawtin are going to copy what he does.
Please remember back in the days you were a wannabee DJ too. Kinda stupid to always bash the people with less experience. Anyway, although I am a vinyl lover, I just accept that mp3/4/etc. is the future. DJ's will always exist. Some will be good, others will be bad. The commercial ones will get all attention, the other's won't. But, it's not like it was better 10 years ago or so. There is always going to be the mainstream vs. underground.

But ok, about the decline of vinyl. I bought me my first cd-player 2 months ago, actually just because I wanted to play some digital only tracks. But now, when I experience the ease of finding and buying tracks on the internet, I understand that vinyl is not having any chance in the future. Although I try to buy as much vinyl as possible, I only do it because it's 'fun to have the vinyl'. But for the boy/girl at the party, it doesn't matter.

But let's definately not forget this is all part of Richie 'Satan' Hawtin's plan to rule the world and kill music...:roll:

Anyway, Neuton, I feel for you guys, and I hope it will be fixed somehow...
graham
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Perlon

Post by graham »

Perlon will be way more than 800 units per release. They're the top of the food chain for their style of music and the calibre of artists alone will gurantee them way more than 800 units.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Kiani wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
nicktem wrote:

Please remember back in the days you were a wannabee DJ too. Kinda stupid to always bash the people with less experience. Anyway, although I am a vinyl lover, I just accept that mp3/4/etc. is the future. DJ's will always exist. Some will be good, others will be bad. The commercial ones will get all attention, the other's won't. But, it's not like it was better 10 years ago or so. There is always going to be the mainstream vs. underground.

But ok, about the decline of vinyl. I bought me my first cd-player 2 months ago, actually just because I wanted to play some digital only tracks. But now, when I experience the ease of finding and buying tracks on the internet, I understand that vinyl is not having any chance in the future. Although I try to buy as much vinyl as possible, I only do it because it's 'fun to have the vinyl'. But for the boy/girl at the party, it doesn't matter.

But let's definately not forget this is all part of Richie 'Satan' Hawtin's plan to rule the world and kill music...:roll:

Anyway, Neuton, I feel for you guys, and I hope it will be fixed somehow...
I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just saying back when I started mixing vinyl was the format to do it on. Now it is digital... No need to jump to any conclusions of what I might of said..
D4RKFORCE
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by D4RKFORCE »

patrick bateman wrote:
nicktem wrote:

i am not really agree with that idea "digital is the cheapest option"...

Mac Book / Good Laptop = 1000 euros (or more)

Serato / Traktor = 500 / 600 euros???

And of course you have to buy your mp3s or wavs

Personally, I prefer to spend 2000 euros in vinyls than buying another laptop and Serato.

I think the problem is not that digital is cheaper. The problem is the young dj's (at least in my country) don't understand the terms "Paying for culture / paying for music". So in this case, for this new djs is cheaper (or free) to download mp3 from pirate webs than buying legal mp3/wav or vinyls
Marcus Stork
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Marcus Stork »

D4RKFORCE wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
nicktem wrote:

i am not really agree with that idea "digital is the cheapest option"...

Mac Book / Good Laptop = 1000 euros (or more)

Serato / Traktor = 500 / 600 euros???

And of course you have to buy your mp3s or wavs

Personally, I prefer to spend 2000 euros in vinyls than buying another laptop and Serato.

I think the problem is not that digital is cheaper. The problem is the young dj's (at least in my country) don't understand the terms "Paying for culture / paying for music". So in this case, for this new djs is cheaper (or free) to download mp3 from pirate webs than buying legal mp3/wav or vinyls
Burning a CD = 0.3 Euros