Beatport is Expensive

- open
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

I have no clue how much the artist gets for a mp3 track but i know if its 320 mp3 then its golden for using with final scratch and nice to have in a quick d/l then waiting on vinyl to be shipped, so 2 bucks is coo with me, just my 2 cents :)
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

My first Traum record is on Beatport now...along with a track which wasn't pressed on the vinyl. They mistitled them though. Oh well. I guess I might find out how much per mp3 I get. The money to label/artist % must be different than vinyl, because it doesn't take a lot of money to manufacture an mp3, hehe!
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Jesse Somfay wrote:My first Traum record is on Beatport now...along with a track which wasn't pressed on the vinyl. They mistitled them though. Oh well. I guess I might find out how much per mp3 I get. The money to label/artist % must be different than vinyl, because it doesn't take a lot of money to manufacture an mp3, hehe!
Hi Jesse,

I don't think you should count on that. Normally in the contract it says something like:

Formats: All
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

patrick bateman wrote:
Jesse Somfay wrote:My first Traum record is on Beatport now...along with a track which wasn't pressed on the vinyl. They mistitled them though. Oh well. I guess I might find out how much per mp3 I get. The money to label/artist % must be different than vinyl, because it doesn't take a lot of money to manufacture an mp3, hehe!
Hi Jesse,

I don't think you should count on that. Normally in the contract it says something like:

It says 50/50 for MP3s on my contract. That's good enough for me :)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Jesse Somfay wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
Hi Jesse,

It says 50/50 for MP3s on my contract. That's good enough for me :)
haha are you sure that's good enough? Well, it's standard, so that's okay.

But a track is 1.19 euro, then there's some Gema stuff, and then the shop take's 50%, then there's something like 51 eurocent that is going to be splitted between the artist and the label.

25 eurocent per track... ;)
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

patrick bateman wrote:25 eurocent per track... ;)
That's pretty standard :)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Jesse Somfay wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:25 eurocent per track... ;)
That's pretty standard :)
and then the artist have to pay tax (which in Denmark is around 50%).. haha... 12,5 eurocent pr track..
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

patrick bateman wrote:and then the artist have to pay tax (which in Denmark is around 50%).. haha... 12,5 eurocent pr track..
Well...that depends how the labels divvy up the pay on the invoice(s) ;) There are little loopholes.