MOTU traveler outputs

- ask away
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

MOTU traveler outputs

Post by clubfoot »

any experienced MOTU users here?

I have the MOTU traveler and I want to get 8 individual analog mono outputs from it.

does anyone here know how to acheive this? it is documented as having a possible 22 outputs but I can only get five stereo pairs (using the phones output for one of them). I can't find any explanation of how to exploit this. at the moment I'm only getting pairs of outputs; analog 1-2, 3-4 and so on. my outputs from Logic are single mono channeled but I still get the same thing on outputs 1&2 rather than 2 different outputs. I'm guessing it's an internal routing situation?

I use PC btw. thanks.
docindo.dorsey
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by docindo.dorsey »

allright... well lets look at this...

you have:

8 Line Outs
S/pdif is 2 digital Outs for the one out connector
Adat Optical... is usually 8 outs as well....
Headphones...2 outs... stereo
AES/ EBU.... im guessing another Stereo out... 2

22 outs...

are you using the quemix software to route all of this?
the shadows are moving....
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

the problem is with the 8 line outputs. they only output as 4 pairs. i want them outputting 8 individual channels. so far the cuemix console is only really useful for selecting the phones as a fifth individual output. and routing from that is limited to only four stereo pairs. :|
docindo.dorsey
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by docindo.dorsey »

so this is a tough one.. i just looked at the cuemix and it even shows them as mono tracks.. so just go over the manual again or jump on the motu forums... or wait for someone that has a motu product read your plea and help you out.. sorry for the frustration.
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

yeah thanks for your advice. maybe you can tell me one extra thing. is there any way to route my outputs through cuemix, post-logic? I can't get it to recognize the outputs of logic through the channels of cuemix. Not sure if I'm over-estimating it's abilities or just using it the wrong way round. cheers :)
Pettro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Pettro »

sorry for no input here, just curious what would you need 22 outputs for?

by the way clubfoot did you receive my PM ?

cheers!
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

Pettro wrote:just curious what would you need 22 outputs for?
the outputs are there for all kind of digital/analog output option/combinations; monitoring, control room, main-out, talkback etc. - live gig, multi-mic set-ups and so on. Very versatile in this respect, but still limited to 5 stereo pairs (if you use the phones out for one of them).

I want to do the unexpected - 8 mono outs. Thats all I want from it. I don't think I'll ever want to use ALL the potential outputs.
docindo.dorsey
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by docindo.dorsey »

it can do mono outs.... that is what it was designed for. in cuemix are the channels linked. meaning there is usually a button to push that links the mono channels to make them stereo.