so which do we choose.. Mac

- ask away
docindo.dorsey
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by docindo.dorsey »

clubfoot wrote:fck mac, get a pc. usb is sht. firewire is faster.
so this is the other way around... i love my mac and usb is faster for certain types of data transfer... its 480kbps for usb and 400kbps for firewire...

you are a pc user.... just kidding...

for anyone that wants to know why this is a question right now.. im posting up something i found on Sonic State today.....
the shadows are moving....
Pettro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Pettro »

I just noticed my lap has some beer on it prob from the weekend.
Could it be a signal to switch to Mac?

Pad buttons dont work :cry:
tintin2085
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tintin2085 »

Since that my girlfriend has a Macbook, I use it for the gigs, for Serato, it's excellent, but the problem is that I want no more my PC :lol: He is old and I have enough from Windows, so I want to buy a Macbook pro for the production.

Since too long i loose my time with antivirus, spywares, windows bugs, and the minimum necessary sharewares for use correctly the PC.

I admit that Mac take the customer for an idiot, they remove the firewire on the macbook just for force the people to buy a Macbook pro, and even if they have not the utility to have so much power.
For an OEM, mounting a firewire port on the motherboard is really cheap.
It's the same stuff with the illuminated keyboard on the new macbook you must take the 2.4Ghz to have the LED keyboard.
This strategy is not really fairplay. but is Microsoft fairplay ? :?
I really think if Macintosh was in the position of trust like Microsoft actually, Macintosh will be much more vicious in the sale strategy than Microsoft. -evil

Under PC you can find much more "free" softwares (virtual instruments, FX...) than under Mac. But as i sayed, I'm actually searching to go totally under Mac, I have make the big cleaning in all my VST and I have see that I really don't need so much.

By the way, I think if you don't fall in love in a Mac the first time you use it, you can continue to stay with a PC. It's really a kind of feeling, If you have enough from Windows, go to Mac, it's like a rebirth, you can concentrate you on the production and using a computer become really enjoying and not an headbreaker.

For the USB 3.0 don't think so far, Firewire and USB 2 are really good interfaces for an external soundcard ;) I admit that the firewire is better :lol: but many profesionnals make liveacts with an USB external soundcard, I have never checked the difference between one model in USB and exactly the same model in firewire to say what is really better in use than another.
I have see a benchmark and the new Macbook as really stable USB, much better than a PC ;) A really good compromise price/performance is the new Macbook and a USB soundcard ;)

Actually more and more external HD come out with eSata, do you know many people that use it ? They already talk about the after HDMI, this interface is just really popular since 1 year or so and they want already find a substitute.
The market of the technology evolve really fast actually, just for make us buy, buy and buy.... :? Actually the people loose more time to check the last technologic news than using it :shock: