so obama won....

- open
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re:

Post by Michael^Heaven »

Measax wrote:there are rave acts all over Europe too... big deal... the real reason those were passed is so corporations would bee necessary to sponsor these parties to legitimize them... the govt needed taxation.. that's it. besides, the rave scene in America was full of horrible music for the most part and that sht should be banned.
'Raves' occurring Stateside do not apply whatsoever to somewhat similiar events in Europe. It's almost impossible to gain any type of corporate sponsorship for such events in the U.S. So, the R.A.V.E. Act was created to completely eliminate the dance scene here.

The whole idea was put forth by then Mayor Glenda Hood of Orlando due to an influx of 'double stack' pills that contained just about everything besides MDMA in the mid '90's. So, there was an ambulance in front of the major nightclubs in downtown Orlando just about every Saturday night carrying off clubkids by the truckload. One of which was located about a mile from one of the largest churches in the area. Obviously, this was not going to continue in a conservative city that relys on tourism as its major source of annual income. So, the Dancehall Ordinance was put forth by Mayor Glenda Hood to the Florida Legislature & passed with flying colors. This ordinance gave each city government the option of setting forth a club curfew upon its choosing.

Unfortunately, this trend spread accross the U.S. due to the enormous negative coverage of the electronic scene by the national media. Irresponsible club goers did not help the situation in more ways than one. Biden attempted to pass the R.A.V.E. Act once but it was overturned by Congress. So, he then attached it as a rider to the Amber Alert Bill which no member of Congress would dare vote against unless they wanted to swiftly end their career.
"So knives out
Cook him up
Squash his head
Put him in the pot "-jz
menos160
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by menos160 »

c'mon, we all should be happy because we are out of Bush's axis of evil !!
Evad
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Evad »

the main issue/consequence of obama's election, is - i think - that people are starting to believe again.
believe in them selves, believe in other people, believe in the government, believe in the country, believe in the world.
and that is a really powerfull catalyst/stimulus/cause of things starting to improve again.
let's not forget that psychology and what's on our minds is a great cause of a lot of (economical) occurrences.
for a non-us resident, it's difficult to form an opinion about these elections, because of the simple reason we don't have a good 'feeling' with the country, only by what we hear and read and not by our own experiences.
but believe in something, is a great thing and a great start to a better future.
uritotti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by uritotti »

He must be OK if he beat armin van buren & Tiesto.
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

JackNine wrote:It's also too bad that his VP, Joe Biden, was the primary force behind the Rave Act.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAVE_act
Unfortunately, this is true.

:?

At least Bush is out, but only time will tell if it makes any difference.
I believe that the U.S. still would've gone into Iraq without him as president.
:roll:
minimim
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by minimim »

Don't want to sound sceptical, but it seems that Obama was there to win.

Having a black president will change America's image throughout the world.

So it's better to start discussions after 1 year or so.

Check out this Bowie song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slKNd22G ... re=related
It's ridiculous how hard we try.
Castronova
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Castronova »

I'm an American, but I live in Hong Kong.

All I can say is I feel so much more confident being an American expat now. Yesterday I was gambling in Macau, and I got on the shuttlebus to go back to the ferry. The only seat left was next to an Indian guy who was smiling at me, and obviously waiting for me to sit down next to him.
As soon as I sat down he put out his hand, and said, "Hello! Where you come from? USA?"
I said, "Yeah, USA. Florida."
"You come from USA? Yeah! OBAMA!"
I laughed a little bit and said that I was really happy about Obama being elected, and yelled "fck George Bush" several times, regardless that we were amongst a busload of reserved Chinese businessmen and women, making them uncomfortable.

For the couple of years that I've been abroad, I've had to endure every kind of lecture and torment brought on by George W. Bush's embarassing legacy. People seem to forget that only about 50% of Americans voted for him -- he lost the popular vote in 2000 -- yet they act as if every last one of us decided to blow off the United Nations and bomb some Iraqi kids ourselves.

Finally, we have a respectable President, and thank fucking god for that. It feels like such a relief. It feels like I've been stuck in some terrible school for the last eight years, and then I woke up one morning and I'd graduated. I don't know what's going to happen next, but I know there is no way it could get worse.
inesb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by inesb »

Maybe (only maybe) he will make a change in NORTH America...
but to us SOUTH Americans, & the rest of the 3rd world...
bleh! it won't be relevant at all... :roll: