so obama won....

- open
JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JackNine »

I think Obama's going to be more of the same, unfortunately. Better than McCain, no doubt. But he's certainly nothing to "celebrate" about. He's in the "system" now, and that "system" is too hard for one man to change.

It's also too bad that his VP, Joe Biden, was the primary force behind the Rave Act.

Not too many people know it, but it absolutely crushed the underground promoting scene here in the US. It's been primarily bars & clubs ever since.

"Most of the public commentary regarding the RAVE Act centered around the prologue section of the bill titled "Findings." Such sections do not create new substantive law and serve only as guidance to the judiciary in interpreting the law and the executive in enforcing the law. Among the items listed in the "Findings" section include statements regarding rave promoters providing "chill rooms" and bottled water for large fees, where participants can go and cool down from the body-temperature-raising effects of ecstasy; and selling "neon glow sticks; massage oils; menthol nasal inhalers; and pacifiers that are used to combat the involuntary teeth clenching associated with ecstasy."

Specifically, many were concerned that these expansive definitions might permit the police to arrest and charge concert promoters under this law so long as glow sticks and bottled water were present.
Congress was also accused of picking an easy, public target so as to continue support for the War on Drugs. Others were concerned that too much responsibility would be placed on concert promoters to police their patrons. Also, many were concerned that their First Amendment right to freedom of assembly would be violated were the law enacted."

Looks like we're in for four more years of sweet bills like this one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAVE_act
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

typical, the guy hasn't even been enstated and everyon is already sceptical and negative. Maybe, just maybe, he is what he says he is, and he really wants to make the world a better place. I've read his book "The Audacity Of Hope" and did a lot of reading about him, and although no politician can change things on his own, I do feel that this guy can at least make some things better. I mean, what's there to lose? The US is pretty much fubar as it is now, so any improvement would be good, no?

Give him a bit of credit... and maybe he will indeed change your country for the better.

First time btw that I came to work today and saw just about everyone happy and enthousiastic about a presidential election in a country 6000 km away. If all goes well, Obama can restore the bonds and image of the US in the world. I hope so. Although he probably has bigger problems to tackle back home.
dav.id
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dav.id »

PsyTox wrote:typical, the guy hasn't even been enstated and everyon is already sceptical and negative. Maybe, just maybe, he is what he says he is, and he really wants to make the world a better place. I've read his book "The Audacity Of Hope" and did a lot of reading about him, and although no politician can change things on his own, I do feel that this guy can at least make some things better. I mean, what's there to lose? The US is pretty much fubar as it is now, so any improvement would be good, no?

Give him a bit of credit... and maybe he will indeed change your country for the better.

First time btw that I came to work today and saw just about everyone happy and enthousiastic about a presidential election in a country 6000 km away. If all goes well, Obama can restore the bonds and image of the US in the world. I hope so. Although he probably has bigger problems to tackle back home.
+1
tabula rasa
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

Brankis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brankis »

I live in Chicago and never in my life have I seen the people in this city come together with such a loving energy as last night. It was something I will remember forever. I've never really cared much about elections in the past but everybody felt the energy throughout the entire country when we cast our vote yesterday. My coffee this morning was the best cup I've ever tasted

despite all the little specifics about policy and all the jargon, at it's most basic level, the mark of a great leader in my eyes stems from that person's ability to unite people in a society.
hotpace
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hotpace »

JackNine wrote:I think Obama's going to be more of the same, unfortunately. Better than McCain, no doubt. But he's certainly nothing to "celebrate" about. He's in the "system" now, and that "system" is too hard for one man to change.

It's also too bad that his VP, Joe Biden, was the primary force behind the Rave Act.

Not too many people know it, but it absolutely crushed the underground promoting scene here in the US. It's been primarily bars & clubs ever since.

"Most of the public commentary regarding the RAVE Act centered around the prologue section of the bill titled "Findings." Such sections do not create new substantive law and serve only as guidance to the judiciary in interpreting the law and the executive in enforcing the law. Among the items listed in the "Findings" section include statements regarding rave promoters providing "chill rooms" and bottled water for large fees, where participants can go and cool down from the body-temperature-raising effects of ecstasy; and selling "neon glow sticks; massage oils; menthol nasal inhalers; and pacifiers that are used to combat the involuntary teeth clenching associated with ecstasy."

Specifically, many were concerned that these expansive definitions might permit the police to arrest and charge concert promoters under this law so long as glow sticks and bottled water were present.
Congress was also accused of picking an easy, public target so as to continue support for the War on Drugs. Others were concerned that too much responsibility would be placed on concert promoters to police their patrons. Also, many were concerned that their First Amendment right to freedom of assembly would be violated were the law enacted."

Looks like we're in for four more years of sweet bills like this one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAVE_act
C'mon though, thats hardly the most important thing in the world is it?
A Rave Bill!

There's slightly more important things to to be thinking about than that! I mean, if Dubya made it easy for raves to happen, but was still the grade A tit he is, would you be happy with him!?

Some perspective is needed here I feel!
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

there are rave acts all over Europe too... big deal... the real reason those were passed is so corporations would bee necessary to sponsor these parties to legitimize them... the govt needed taxation.. that's it. besides, the rave scene in America was full of horrible music for the most part and that sh!t should be banned.