Beatport shutters affiliate program

- open
fugazi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Beatport shutters affiliate program

Post by fugazi »

Digital download store Beatport has decided to discontinue its affiliate program.

In a message sent to labels and artists today, Beatport Management informed affiliates that the company had "made a business decision to shut down" the program, and asked that "all banners, buttons, text links, product images and store fronts" be taken down.

When reached for comment, Beatport's VP of Marketing Shawn Sabo confirmed the e-mail's contents, adding that "The affiliate program was not driving the relevant leads we had anticipated to [the site]. Moving into 2009, we have a plan to work with and support electronic music portals around the globe. We will be contacting these portals directly with Beatport's new offer."

Sabo also pointed out that the company's decision was to a lesser extent also driven by a desire to rid itself of associations with fraudulent mp3 blogs and forums that gave away releases for free, then drove traffic to Beatport from banners and text linking to the retailer.

Source: RA
camus
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by camus »

makes sense imho. I think of you're site really rocks you can contact beatport directly for partnership.
boardnblade
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

check out www.masterbeat.com and their affiliate program(s)

Post by boardnblade »

RUN, don't walk, over to www.masterbeat.com, or better yet, www.masterbeat.com/affiliate.htm where you can choose between two different affiliate programs for the new dance site Masterbeat.com - they are really giving Beatport a run for their money. They don't quite have the depth of catalog in underground stuff yet, but they have the major labels and are adding thousands of labels daily. I expect their catalog to reach that of Beatports soon...

but back to the affiliate thing - they have a program with Linkshare, just like Beatports, or their own administered program which I think is better - it's easier to use and allows you to create your own deep links directly into any artist, label, remixer or release page without using the ridiculous XML data feeds of Linkshare - just cut and paste the URL of the page from Masterbeat into the 'create link' section on their affiliate program and viola!

Seriously - as Beatport makes more and more of these alienating decisions, i'm really glad there is a new game in town!
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: check out www.masterbeat.com and their affiliate program

Post by thomasjaldemark »

boardnblade wrote: but they have the major labels and are adding thousands of labels daily.
yeah. THOUSANDS!!!

and please, we know you work for them :)
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

boardnblade wrote:I expect their catalog to reach that of Beatports soon...
Well their design and look strangely reminds me Beatport's...
apanell
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by apanell »

masterbeating is great ;)
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

Beatport's home is here in denver where I am living. They just laid off a bunch of people. Tight times. Don't know if this is anything related to the above thing.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

thomasjaldemark wrote:
boardnblade wrote: but they have the major labels and are adding thousands of labels daily.
yeah. THOUSANDS!!!
If not MORE!!!!!! (-)