The American Scene

- open
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

Measax wrote:dc is solid. great house and good techno. underground warehouses/lofts and lots of dirty little clubs. People are willing to throw down too. Only problems are sometimes too many good parties which splits things up a little and the bigger clubs are kinda sht. But thats minor stuff.

examples of recent parties - last month or so we've had Jan Kruger, Derek Plaslaiko, Carl Craig, Stewart Walker, Stacey Pullen, Fase music sender, Tamar, Ron Trent, DJ Spen, Todd Sines, Titonton Duvante, etc etc... can't remember every party... and of course the locals do their thing ;)
Wait...DC as in Washington DC? Wow!
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:
Measax wrote:dc is solid. great house and good techno. underground warehouses/lofts and lots of dirty little clubs. People are willing to throw down too. Only problems are sometimes too many good parties which splits things up a little and the bigger clubs are kinda sht. But thats minor stuff.

examples of recent parties - last month or so we've had Jan Kruger, Derek Plaslaiko, Carl Craig, Stewart Walker, Stacey Pullen, Fase music sender, Tamar, Ron Trent, DJ Spen, Todd Sines, Titonton Duvante, etc etc... can't remember every party... and of course the locals do their thing ;)
Wait...DC as in Washington DC? Wow!
yep... the nations capital... I'll find some pics and give more detail of the last year when I have time. werd.
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

i live driving distance from detroit so that should answer your question.

anyways... scenes are for people with no identity so who cares. i am sure people have so much fun being the cool kid at the club who everyone knows (and will likely outgrow the "scene" in a year when they move on to their next genre fixation). i would much rather go see as much great music as possible without bowing down to some ridiculous hyperreality.

in the words of the late and great terence mckenna - culture is not your friend.
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

So 88 has had these names at our monthly party called pulse:
Noah Pred, Deyv, Ben Parris, Solomon Sanchez, Sean Horton, Tiernan, Kero, Aaron Robinson, Camea, Steve PMX, Aaron Lee, J Hunsberger
Chris Whaley, Jamie Kidd, Jackson Black, David Last, Jimmy Edgar, Measax, Jeffrey S (docindo), Nathan Fain, Mikael Stavostrad, Ryan Elliot, Aaron Sparks, Kate Simko, SIMON, D-Bug, Paravoice, Jorge HM, Jubilee, Dirty One:Thirty, Boyd80, Someone Else, Miskate, Skoozbot, Big Bully, B80, Todd Sines, Titonton Duvante: myspace: http://www.myspace.com/88pulse

then loda - well, lots of names so check the myspace: http://www.myspace.com/loda88

features:
Carl Craig, Maetrik, Dandy Jack, Marlon D, Stacey Pullen, Freddy Sannon, Jeff Samuel, Stewart Walker (when we opened for him found out he wrote his first album while living in DC), Worthy, Kooky Scientist, Sass Mouth etc.

some other one off parties have included: Par Grindvik, Dan Bell, Ron Trent, DJ Spen, Lee Curtis, Afrika Bambaataa, Camea has been through twice now and so has Kate Simko (the lady djs love some dc), Derek of course, and lots of good house you probably don;t know... like Doug Smith of 95 south, and our local legends Sam the man Burns (25 years) who has a party on sundays thats been going for 11 years now at 18th street lounge (that run by thievery Corp.) and ECB or Juan Zappata...

we're basically here to piss off the government right in their back door and I think we're doing a good job ;) hit me up on facebook: maxwell joseph~ cheers!
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

I'm in Wichita, Kansas for 6 months and you know there isn't sh!t here
grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by grace anxiety »

wizard of oz live set
Del
mnml maxi