Smoking ban in UK causing clubs to behave like c*$%ts!!

- open
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

Not sure exactly how it is in the UK, but in Canada/Ontario, you can't smoke in clubs or bars anymore and it's been this way for awhile now.

I'm a non-smoker, and initially thought "Lame, let the bars decide" - but gotta say, after being used to clubbing in a smoke-free environment - it's hard going into clubs in other areas that allow smoking.

As for not being able to take your beers/etc outside - that might be a matter of licensing issues that are not fully under the clubs control. While some of the luckier clubs/bars in Toronto have licensed patios where you can take your smokes too and beers with you - many don't, and you need to leave your drinks inside while you go out for a puff.

fck, there are even bars in Toronto where you can not take your beer onto a flight of stairs - so if your in a 2 level club, you gotta chug your drink before going upto the 2nd floor which I think is ridiculous - but at the end of the day, it's the 'laws' fault - not the clubs, and if you have inspectors wanting to have a power trip - they can nail clubs for huge fines and even force them to close down for a few days as a result.

While bouncers may seem like dicks - do you want to be the guy thats responsible for landing the club with a hefty fine and having to close down for a few days due to a single infraction?
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

SEone had a shooting at their club - that's why they were being so shitty about it all. It's obviously the only method thay can guarantee your safety, stand a chance of not being closed down and let you have a fag at the same time.

I completely disagree with the ban. I am addicted to a substance that the government pressed on me since I was a small child. Now they don't wanna let me indulge. Cunts.

Anyway, I've quite lost interest in these kind of places and UK scene altogether. Minus parties in sh!t London venues with someone telling you what you can and can't do? I honestly don't know how people do it? Whenever I return for a visit, there is this overwhelming feeling of fear, terror and control like nowhere else. Really horrible.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

clubfoot wrote:I am addicted to a substance that the government pressed on me since I was a small child. Now they don't wanna let me indulge. Cunts.
Wow, a government forced you to smoke???
Mitchy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Mitchy »

thomasjaldemark wrote:
i think the goverment would be absolutely thrilled if everyone stopped smoking.. saves a LOT of medical costs in the long run...
Thats sort of incorrect, the amount of tax on cigarettes more than outweighs the strain on the NHS caused buy it.

Anyways, I still don't understand why they need to take fingerprints? Wristbands I can see, but fingerprints? :?:
b flat
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by b flat »

at first sight, here's how i see things: you wanna have a smoke, meaning you have to
- go all across the room,
- pay for a wristband,
- go and stay in line so you'd get printed,
- stay in queue for awhile to get out in the street and smoke,
- check your watch every 2 puffs before getting pushed around by a bouncer,
- get back in line to get in before they urge you to pay the entrance fee again

and finally when it's all over and you're back inside you see this fella next to you going clint eastwood?

what am i missing here?

my point is: there seem to be bigger trouble than smoking. focus on them first. and the attitude i see in that picture just ain't right. what? they think i'm gonna quit smoking because of that? i'd rather quit SeOne. it's not like there aren't alternatives.
mr g man
Harrison
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harrison »

give up or get over it.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Mitchy wrote:
thomasjaldemark wrote:
i think the goverment would be absolutely thrilled if everyone stopped smoking.. saves a LOT of medical costs in the long run...
Thats sort of incorrect, the amount of tax on cigarettes more than outweighs the strain on the NHS caused buy it.
* need I even mention the trillion dollar medical industry here in the U.S.

I say tax those smokers - all the 2nd hand smoke I've been forced to inhale over the years..

the figure print thing is a little left field, but hey they can always paint with fat marker all over you hand too..

(-)
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

patrick bateman wrote:
clubfoot wrote:I am addicted to a substance that the government pressed on me since I was a small child. Now they don't wanna let me indulge. Cunts.
Wow, a government forced you to smoke???
err, no