number of downloads/income from beatport

- ask away
Menno
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Menno »

S.D.L wrote:I'm sure you guys with your own label want nothing more then have your tracks in one of the charts (top 10/ dj). But for me as a dj I do some crate digging every week (today actually). And most of the time, after listening to hundreds of horrible tracks, I just come out with a maximum of 10 tracks I like.. When I'm done digging I go through the charts and look if the tracks I want to buy are in any of the charts. And when they are, I delete them.. I don't want tracks that everybody already got. That's the advantage of going digital for me.

Sorry for the off-topic!
Do the same, but with vinyl
SHAP
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by SHAP »

Menno wrote:
S.D.L wrote:I'm sure you guys with your own label want nothing more then have your tracks in one of the charts (top 10/ dj). But for me as a dj I do some crate digging every week (today actually). And most of the time, after listening to hundreds of horrible tracks, I just come out with a maximum of 10 tracks I like.. When I'm done digging I go through the charts and look if the tracks I want to buy are in any of the charts. And when they are, I delete them.. I don't want tracks that everybody already got. That's the advantage of going digital for me.

Sorry for the off-topic!
Do the same, but with vinyl
me 3- I rarly buy Vinyls of artists that I know- Not really because I give a sh!t who plays it, I just want to get to know new styles and ideas everytime I play a record.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Sorry for the off-topic!
So if you REALLY REALLY like/love a track, you won't buy it just because other (many) people are buying it? Great philosophy of life.
yacek
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by yacek »

patrick bateman wrote:

Sorry for the off-topic!
So if you REALLY REALLY like/love a track, you won't buy it just because other (many) people are buying it? Great philosophy of life.
yea, support what you think is good...
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

No one will agree on this whole debate for the moment because it is such a topic that falls in a no man's land. it mostly relies on how people were raised, with their morals and valors as an individual... which is something where we're not at the same level here as we all have different backgrounds.

Although as an artist, I can tell you something whether you like to hear it or not, but buying my music DOES support me more than not buying it. Everyone can tell me their point of view on that part, I don't care. You know a fact based on my experience.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

patrick bateman wrote:

Sorry for the off-topic!
Also the charts dont always give a good indication of whats selling. I have had tracks in the charts and they have not done as well as ones that havent, so you're denying yourself music for no reason at all.
gmschroeder
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by gmschroeder »

This discusses major labels, rock music, and is very old, but gives a picture of why you're better off going on your own.

All the promotion and production is designed to benefit itself, not you.

http://www.negativland.com/albini.html
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

gmschroeder wrote:This discusses major labels, rock music, and is very old, but gives a picture of why you're better off going on your own.

All the promotion and production is designed to benefit itself, not you.

http://www.negativland.com/albini.html
Damn

Iguess the difference here though is in the edm industry nobody makes the big bucks other than a very few who get big booking fees.