soundcard and monitor question

- ask away
gustaf
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by gustaf »

Allright! That's what I also thought when I listened to the goa-trance :oops: records they had in the store.

So a soundcard card like M-AUDIO DELTA AUDIOPHILE 2496 (topseller on thomann, 89 euro) would work as fine as the RME for my work (With the Adam A5 monitors)?

edit: got back my other login ;)

/rue north
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

gustaf wrote:So a soundcard card like M-AUDIO DELTA AUDIOPHILE 2496 (topseller on thomann, 89 euro) would work as fine as the RME for my work (With the Adam A5 monitors)?
Yes.
the only diffrence is in the convertors. if your not going to do any recordings, you dont need to pay more for something your not going to use.
miro pajic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miro pajic »

for monitors...if you want a pure sound that may sound good anywhere else instead of speakers that sound good i can recommend you the classic "technics 1210 of monitor speakers" of the last 20 (or so) years: YAMAHA NS-10M..
you must buy them used since they are not being produced since few years.
i have them since 10 years and will never sell them. if you ever watched carefully on pictures of all kinds of studios of the world (if bedroom techno studio or pro-studio worth 500.000$) you will find them in there....that has it's reason!!
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

miro pajic wrote:for monitors...if you want a pure sound that may sound good anywhere else instead of speakers that sound good i can recommend you the classic "technics 1210 of monitor speakers" of the last 20 (or so) years: YAMAHA NS-10M..
you must buy them used since they are not being produced since few years.
i have them since 10 years and will never sell them. if you ever watched carefully on pictures of all kinds of studios of the world (if bedroom techno studio or pro-studio worth 500.000$) you will find them in there....that has it's reason!!
Like ALL monitors, they also "color" the sound. Youll never get a perfect speaker, you just need a degree of accuracy and the rest is just comparing to pro tracks you like the sound of.
molokoplus
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by molokoplus »

i wonder if it is possible to use only headphones for producing? or to get full picture of sound you have to use monitors?
luca brasi is dead
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

molokoplus wrote:i wonder if it is possible to use only headphones for producing? or to get full picture of sound you have to use monitors?
It really kills my ears, but i know plenty of people do it.
Som Gii
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Som Gii »

I've got the EMU 1212M PCI card in my current configuration. It does jsut fine for the minute, although once I get my Yamaha HS80M's I'm sure I'll actually notice a difference.

I'll be buying one of the breakout boxes soon, as it frees up a PCI slot and makes it easier to plug things in etc.

I did quite a lot of research on equipment and found these items to be perfect for what I need. All depends on what your planning on doing to what equipment suits you. You can't go wrong with the Yamaha HS80M's though. ;)
I Haz A Happee!