Kids?

- ask away
manzatour
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by manzatour »

steevio wrote:
they wouldnt respect me now if i had given up who i really was, and changed because of them.

that's nice to hear...
we are planning to have kids in a near future and was convinced that i should change myself to have more to offer to my children.
but in fact it is someway the opposite... never thought this way.

what i can imagine is to reduce my job to some 60% or so (same for my girlfriend) and then have my children in the studio (with earplugs or something) during my freetime... that way i could have more time for my music and have children at the same time. it is maybe just in my immagination but could be a possibility...
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

manzatour wrote:
steevio wrote:
they wouldnt respect me now if i had given up who i really was, and changed because of them.

that's nice to hear...
we are planning to have kids in a near future and was convinced that i should change myself to have more to offer to my children.
but in fact it is someway the opposite... never thought this way.

what i can imagine is to reduce my job to some 60% or so (same for my girlfriend) and then have my children in the studio (with earplugs or something) during my freetime... that way i could have more time for my music and have children at the same time. it is maybe just in my immagination but could be a possibility...
i think thats one thing i never did, mixed my kids and studio work. (apart from when they were old enough to make tunes themselves, my two boys have made some cool tunes) but when they were younger, it had to be quality time with kids, then after bedtime stories head for the studio.
i cant work with any sort of distraction.
manzatour
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by manzatour »

hmm... yes after all having kids in the studio is maybe not a bright idea...
i did not think at this aspect of things, also because i have no real experience with kids.
so.. i will have to stay awake until late every night and go to work on the next day (-)
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

manzatour wrote:hmm... yes after all having kids in the studio is maybe not a bright idea...
i did not think at this aspect of things, also because i have no real experience with kids.
so.. i will have to stay awake until late every night and go to work on the next day (-)
you get the picture :)
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

cool thread.

I haven't thought so much about kids, but maybe one day I'll try to minimise the amount I mess with some little peoples' heads.

steevio mate, sounds like you did a grand job. and it was definitely interesting hearing the other side of the story. my parents are totally not into the whole music thing, and to hear stories of a parent working through the night is definitely the opposite of what I've known.

also, I'm definitely part of the 'no distractions' brigade, so for me, I think that would be the main thing. I'm really terrible about being distracted. Obnoxious is probably the word, but hey, we all have our faults.

Actually, talking of bringing parents to raves, I'm well up for doing it one day cos I think it might be a really beneficial experience for us all. it's definitely not quite their thing, but it's a pretty important part of my life and it'd be cool to share it with them.
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

I have a daughter, who is 1,5 years old. I love music just as much as ever, and try to listen to it as much as I can. The problem is, there's very rarely any time to make any music once you have kids, especially not if you have a bedroom studio..
Gearhead
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Gearhead »

Nordin wrote:what does this have to do with music production?
i think having childring can influence your productions,
a new sort of perspective that's what i think.
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

I think youll struggle to;

1. look after the youngsters
2. Keep your mrs / mr interested
3. Hold down a good job so you can maintain your extravagant lifestyle

all at the same time.....