Vocal Samples for Production

- ask away
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

torrent sites.You can get famous speeches and stuff...i think its legal... :shock:

Other than that,audio from films,language learning cd's (!!) and as someone mentioned... depends what u want to do with them really,if u just want to mangle and cut them up so theyre not even coherent words/sentences then anythin will do if its ok quality
dubgil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil »

AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

If you are worried about legal issues, there's lots of public domain films and stuff from which you can sample, a lot of the old sci fi stuff is without background music too...

I did have a link to a heap of public domain stuff, must find that again.
agodi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by agodi »

Dialog from films can be tricky unless you can find clear dialog without any background sounds or music. The best sources ive found are recording things from old films, documentaries, radio plays and audio books as the dialog is generally clearer. Saying that its still quite hard to find anything original thats worth using. 66stage.com is a good source for finding documentaries
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

agodi wrote:Dialog from films can be tricky unless you can find clear dialog without any background sounds or music. The best sources ive found are recording things from old films, documentaries, radio plays and audio books as the dialog is generally clearer. Saying that its still quite hard to find anything original thats worth using. 66stage.com is a good source for finding documentaries
background sounds with the dialog can actually sound quite good if ur putting verb or delay on it..
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

agodi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by agodi »

kristofason wrote:background sounds with the dialog can actually sound quite good if ur putting verb or delay on it..
Duly noted! Cheers
nospin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nospin »

sometimes at thrift stores you can find old vinyl with spoken word stuff, vocal performances of plays, old radio stories, and instructional stuff... just keep an eye open and you can find some good stuff very cheap...

garage sales, people will sell tapes, audio and video, without even checking what is on them... other peoples thanksgiving dinners can be crazzzzyyy

also, record the news, really bad television, old movies, and transfer the audio to your computer... i use a dvd recorder...
in fact, i should set up to record the debate tonight, who knows what kind of crazy sh!t will be said.