Meet the guys behind WATERGATE - Berlin

- open
warren888k
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by warren888k »

chemicalconsciousness wrote:Bastards! and get this, now we have a new off-licence law and cant get alcohol after 10:30 on a weeknight until around the same time the next morning! where u play in cork warren?
that law is a joke, its not going to stop kids drinking its just going to catch out people like me!

i play at electric underground in the liquid lounge in the city, playing tonight actually, quite looking forward to it cause i have the freedom to play what i want e.g tonight i'll be playing house, electro, minimal and 'proper' techno.
chemicalconsciousness
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by chemicalconsciousness »

Just looking back over this topic and have to agree more with chrisdisco's quote "as much as i loved that about berlin, it also really frustrated me because if you are not on drugs it is difficult lasting long enough to see everyone. this happened pretty much everytime i went to panorama/berghain. i remember being at a party and really wanting to see dinky play, but well, she didnt start till 11am. and considering i'd been there since about 1am (it was a dial allnighter), i just couldnt physically last that long...
berlin for me felt like being at the techno olympics and everyone being on steroids except me! you cant win!"
Im no junkie but have been to 2 or 3 clubs in hamburg and berlin and ive never been at a techno night without there being fuckloads of bangers going around in ireland(if i have, i dont remember it )....not that i was looking or anything :roll: but their seems to be no drugs in the clubs i was at in germany>>Our law on alcohol is stricter and drugs seem to be more rampent, yer law on alcohol is'nt and there you go, can someone explain this to me, i cant understand it< >chemicalconsciousness :green:
This life is for living
SHAP
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by SHAP »

chrisdisco wrote:
Red Kite wrote: That's true. I agree to that. Berlin usually has the longest running DJ sets, which may be because Berlin also has the longest parties. :wink:
as much as i loved that about berlin, it also really frustrated me because if you are not on drugs it is difficult lasting long enough to see everyone. this happened pretty much everytime i went to panorama/berghain. i remember being at a party and really wanting to see dinky play, but well, she didnt start till 11am. and considering i'd been there since about 1am (it was a dial allnighter), i just couldnt physically last that long...

berlin for me felt like being at the techno olympics and everyone being on steroids except me! you cant win!
So true. I feel like that every weekend.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

Castronova wrote: Too often I go to a party where the six DJs play for an hour each, just throwing out their most itnense tracks. It's like getting rabbit humped by a gorilla.

hahahaha exactly.