can we split this forum?

- ask away
tsod
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsod »

haha yes.. GREAT!! but what to talk about now in the producing section? lol.. now its time for serious discussions about production techniques.. hope so!!
colinz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by colinz »

again, im a bit late, but i'd prefer if some more subforums within the producing forum, because interesting posts get sucked by "how can i make my kick sound good", "which monitors should i buy" etc posts!

a sub forum for "gear & related" questions

a sub forum for "mixing / mastering techniques" and so on

would IMO keep the forum as clean and simple as possible and might provide people from doing double, tripple and quadraple posts!

just a thaught, dont lynch me ;)
stefanovidalidj
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by stefanovidalidj »

I was thinking the same two or three days ago... It's a bit confusing finding what you want to read with only a big section "producing".
+1 for angel_colinz
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Angel_Colinz wrote:again, im a bit late, but i'd prefer if some more subforums within the producing forum, because interesting posts get sucked by "how can i make my kick sound good", "which monitors should i buy" etc posts!

a sub forum for "gear & related" questions

a sub forum for "mixing / mastering techniques" and so on

would IMO keep the forum as clean and simple as possible and might provide people from doing double, tripple and quadraple posts!

just a thaught, dont lynch me ;)
I think too many sub forums would ruin the vibe.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

I agree with BLM.

if you're looking for a specific topic hit 'search'.
colinz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by colinz »

oblioblioblio wrote:I agree with BLM.

if you're looking for a specific topic hit 'search'.
dont get me wrong, i know how to search! but you must admit that there is shitload of people that are either too stupid or too lazy to use the search function!

another option is two do a few more "sticky" threads! for example the monitor advise thingy, or eqin, mixing tips, sidechaining etc, so that they pop up directly and people dont have to do double posts
Hugues31
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hugues31 »

I don't think that sub forum would keep forum clean and provide people from double post... And i agree with BLM too !
But for sure it's a bit boring to see all those topics two times, three times or more...
... No solution ...

I have to say that the search fonction is sometimes not very usefull to find what your looking for ...
But most of the time i suppose that people don't take the time to search...
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

I guess we could have a "ultimate kick thread" sticky and the "über white noise thread" sticky as well. Maybe there are some topics that are discussed very often that should be stickie'd?
As those are topics we kind of always stumble upon.
Now that I think of it a sticky about kicks is as valid as the one for "low level digital musical systems thread..max reaktor PD etc" imo.
Would be some work to gather all that good info though. And it'd save us from those "use the search button" answers as well as the obnoxious mnml vst :D .
Otherwise we could maybe have one sticky with links to all the threads of interests ?
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk