Zip

Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Zip

Post by Coog »

I could of sworn I heard he was putting out a full length on Perlon??!! any info as the Perlon site has been immanently coming for years now!
prone
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by prone »

i spoke to him when he was playing here in warsaw a couple months back and he said a dimbiman album is in the works. and it's about time. i've been waiting for it for years.
on a side note, his set was absolute sh!t. perhaps he wasn't trying since there was only about 30 people in the place, but it was so bad i had to leave.
Leander_Techno
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Leander_Techno »

Awesome Dj and producer.. He told me a few weeks ago that he's working on a new album. I think it will be released in the beginning of 2006, not sure...
Creative use of technology is a form of Art
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

he´s a cool bloke and a good dj. he doesn´t plays a lot minimal though. more chigago influenced house. i like it.
techno made me do it
Dopplereffekt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dopplereffekt »

First time I heard Zip (together with Sammy Dee) I was really blown away. Such a delicious choice of records. Can't wait to see him at the next Phonocult. I really liked his Pantytec-album and I can't wait for more.
prone
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by prone »

yeh, i've seen him play fantastic sets several times so i was expecting great things. maybe it was just an off night; everoyone's entitled to one or two.
and as far as producers go there's none better in my opinion.
Bodysnatcher
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Bodysnatcher »

deccard wrote:he´s a cool bloke and a good dj. he doesn´t plays a lot minimal though. more chigago influenced house. i like it.
Do you think? Like in what sense.... Derrick Carter style?

He came to Sydney earlier this year and was pretty hot!!
Bodysnatcher
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Bodysnatcher »

But I think the stuff Zip plays or someone like Chris Duckenfield or Ark is much more interesting music than half the sh!t Ricardo Villalobos does. Ricardo plays so much boring sh!t along with Richie.. People should seriously get over them.

I mean they play some crazy sets together but there are some others out there who don't get half the recognition and are as good.