Mixers for Live Sets?

- ask away
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

teh korg zero 4 and 8 mixers have 1/4inch/klinke inputs. for xone mixers to have build quality problems is news to me. the support when something has gone down has also been very good.
freeeeeee
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

adam wrote:How is the 92's midi?

Is it actually real useful? it didn't seem that there was much there... just a few knobs for controlling fx or what?

i use the MIDI from the xone 92 to control my kaoss pad 3 for fx on the mix.

for me it is a great mixer, versatile and sound is great, love the 4 band EQ and the aux knobs. I have been traveling with it pretty often and long trips and it is fine still, not to mention the road ready case in wich i keep it was rolling down the subway stairs when i got once to madrid.

i have a friend that switched from ZERO 4 to XONE 62, he just said the sound was sht.

nicogrubert
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nicogrubert »

what about the mackie VLZ3 1402?
nicogrubert
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nicogrubert »

isaaclevy wrote:
adam wrote:How is the 92's midi?

Is it actually real useful? it didn't seem that there was much there... just a few knobs for controlling fx or what?
i use the MIDI from the xone 92 to control my kaoss pad 3 for fx on the mix.

How do you control the Kaoss Pad? Do you just send MIDI clock or can you use some knobs (if so, which knobs) of the Xone92 to control parameters of the kaoss pad?
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

I use the crossfader wich activates the pad (like pressing/holding with one inger) and the FREQ knobs from filter 1 & 2 for controling the X & Y pad axis. the TAP TEMPO button from filter 2 is in sync with the BPM of the KP3 (in external mode) i have the output of the KP3 on the chanel 3 and i can send to its line in from the AUX with the knobs of each chanel.

i found this very well explained on teh web, but i cant find it now and as for ableton for ex. just midi learn. but you would need some DIMI USB interface.

I foun the link:

http://www.xone.co.uk/92/

go to download and see.