Recreate this effect in the voice (Ambivalent)

- ask away
omnipresence
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by omnipresence »

kristofason wrote:try chain smoking 40 of the strongest cigerettes u find...fck it try it with cigars..then waggle your finger up and down on your throat to make a wobbly voice sound then wack the lot through one of those kids echo mic and finally stick it all in the microwave,job done.
Nah, that's way too creative.
m jaco
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by m jaco »

more pitched down vocals eh
Android
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Android »

m jaco wrote:more pitched down vocals eh
is this the way we make techno?
eryx666
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eryx666 »

aah fck it! if he want to, let him go
db2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by db2 »

Atheory wrote:might as well just get this out of the way.

person a: why do you want to sound like ambivilant?

person b)you should make your own sounds its more rewarding.

original poster) i dont want to sound like ambivilant, i'm just trying to learn about how to produce this effect

person c)yes, those vocals are everywhere, dont do them

person d) the inevitable "minimal vst jpeg"

person e) people should be more helpful.

person f) im so sick of minus, blah, blah, blah

cue twelve pages of discussion about peoples feelings about minus, teenage italian producers, making music that you want without concern for commercial rewards......maybe another "minimal vst jpeg"

CAN WE LOCK THE THREAD NOW???
On the money! :lol:
jpls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jpls »

Atheory wrote:why dont u p.m. jpls

hes a member here. tell him you want to rip of his sound.
1,000 euros and i'll teach you how ;)
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

jpls wrote:
Atheory wrote:why dont u p.m. jpls

hes a member here. tell him you want to rip of his sound.
1,000 euros and i'll teach you how ;)
:lol:

no it has to be 1000 for a worthy charity, otherwise its just explotation.

in the spirit of the goodwill that jpls will no doubt show, my offer is a humble one but to me.....

the pitched down vocals are probably gotta be done by granular synthesis, seen as the vocals are pitched down but not slowed down. so say a program like melodyn and even ableton (most obviously in the warp sample) uses granular synthesis.

so why not get a clean vocal sample, and pitch it down maybe 5 semitones, and as mentioned above just pitch it down, dont slow down the tempo, melodyn or ableton would do that automatically for u.

then.... this part you should probably experiment with yourself to get it EXACTLY like it sounds in the ambivilant record. maybe find out what he talks like himself so u can lock down his accent is a good idea.

1)some reverb (possibly different amounts of L and R channels) not hugely differnt, a matter of a few ms.

2)cant make my mind up between light delay, or chorus (cause it definitly sounds doubled up a bit) but one of those, a sparing amount obviously.

3)then throw an eq over it, boosting the low end.

4)and not particularly in that order. i may be 3, 1, 2 or other permutations of those 3 numbers.

thats what i think it could be. maybe i'm way off, i dont know. but thats the best i can do without trying to do it myself. i actually have better things to do with my time than replicate vocal gimmicks from tracks that were popular a year and a half ago. Like making art. :D :D :D :D :D :D
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

Actually - I have it on good authority that he uses a midget with a really low voice to do it for him, no effect necc, that's really how the guy talks, he's really good at 'donks' too.

Give me 2K and I'll give you his phone number ;)