Richie´s Setup ...

- open
stefspijk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by stefspijk »

re.vise wrote:
stefspijk wrote:can't call him a dj anymore, because he doesn't use any (vinyl) disks...it's pure software now....in detroit they call it pj's, push jockeys....because the things they only do is pushing buttons...

i love technology, but with music, just give me some sweet 'n old vinyl!
someone from the hague knows what 'they' say in detroit..haha..kudo's!
yes, I do....I work for organizations where I take care of the whole logistics part for the artists, picking them up from the airport and taking care of them the whole period they stay, until they go back home....so if moodymann and derrick may are enough detroit for you, I know what they say...because they told me personally...
The Hague...soulful city
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

P-jays?? Thats like saying I invented techno and should get reparations.
Storlon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »

revy wrote:hmmm i guess 20+ pages on the djing with laptops thread wasnt enough :roll:
+1

I love the way electronic music is evolving, giving access to more and more people, that includ pushing the top of the piramide to be more creative.

Some big "stars" are getting scared by it and try to argue, some others continue on the creative path...
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

Celltek wrote:P-jays?? Thats like saying I invented techno and should get reparations.
i don't like p-jays... i sleep in the nude
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

dsat wrote:
Celltek wrote:P-jays?? Thats like saying I invented techno and should get reparations.
i don't like p-jays... i sleep in the nude
Commando style :lol:
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

stefspijk wrote:can't call him a dj anymore, because he doesn't use any (vinyl) disks...it's pure software now....in detroit they call it pj's, push jockeys....because the things they only do is pushing buttons...

i love technology, but with music, just give me some sweet 'n old vinyl!
I use faders too...., what would they call me?

Seriously, still the beatmatching discussion?
re.vise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by re.vise »

stefspijk wrote:yes, I do....I work for organizations where I take care of the whole logistics part for the artists, picking them up from the airport and taking care of them the whole period they stay, until they go back home....so if moodymann and derrick may are enough detroit for you, I know what they say...because they told me personally...
Cool, so derrick and moodymann are 'they' from detroit! I did not know they talked for all people.
Storlon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »

by the way, why does the huge Contakt thread got deleted ? :roll: