Irish minimal scene?

- open
acos1
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by acos1 »

register here and check the promoter section. theres a shitload of stuff happening in dublin every week.

dancemusicireland.com
Signal Code Records interview. - http://mntothat.com/scr-interview/

Mix - http://vaiwuu.notlong.com
warren888k
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by warren888k »

Hugues31 wrote:Woaw thanks for the advice warren !
It looks very good, some very nive events planed !
Will have a look on this ! :D
:green:
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

I run a monthly night in Derry, N.Ireland. It's called micro error www.myspace.com/microerror (hasn't been updated in a while). There's no real 'minimal' scene here as such although I've had bookings such as Inxec and Lump come play at my night. It would be more low key than any of the 'bigger' nights in bigger venues who have to book the more popular names to get the numbers in.. Same with most places i suppose.

Other clubs in Belfast would have the odd booking that you'd be interested in but its mainly the more popular big names they book - again to get the numbers in. 'Minimal' music has a real problem working in this country mainly due to the fact the opening hours are sh!t. Eg. Clubs closing between 1.30am - 3am at the latest :?

In Dublin I've played at Electric City which runs great Thursday night weekly events but they're stopping those within the next couple of months afaik.

*edit @ Chemical - Just saw your post in the newbie section.. Small world indeed!
Last edited by Del on Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inxec
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by inxec »

Del wrote:I run a monthly night in Derry, N.Ireland. It's called micro error www.myspace.com/microerror (hasn't been updated in a while). There's no real 'minimal' scene here as such although I've had bookings such as Inxec and Lump come play at my night. It would be more low key than any of the 'bigger' nights in bigger venues who have to book the more popular names to get the numbers in.. Same with most places i suppose.

Other clubs in Belfast would have the odd booking that you'd be interested in but its mainly the more popular big names they book - again to get the numbers in. 'Minimal' music has a real problem working in this country mainly due to the fact the opening hours are sht. Eg. Clubs closing between 1.30am - 3am at the latest :?

In Dublin I've played at Electric City which runs great Thursday night weekly events but they're stopping those within the next couple of months afaik.
hows that going mate???
CIRCLELINE PLATFORM 2
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

Alright Chris,

Yeah not bad - have the 2nd Birthday Party tomorrow night actually with myself and Timmy Stewart (Jet Project/Stiff Kitten). The crowds are quite hard to predict at times but as long as there's good music and a top soundsystem then that's all you need ;)

How's things with you anyway dude? I seen you were on the same bill as DBX at Fabric recently, good night i bet!
warren888k
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by warren888k »

crowds in ireland are fickle :(

well down south anyway...........
grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by grace anxiety »

you should post up a few of ur mixes darren on this thread and give some of the boys a taster of your night.
inxec
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by inxec »

Del wrote:Alright Chris,

Yeah not bad - have the 2nd Birthday Party tomorrow night actually with myself and Timmy Stewart (Jet Project/Stiff Kitten). The crowds are quite hard to predict at times but as long as there's good music and a top soundsystem then that's all you need ;)

How's things with you anyway dude? I seen you were on the same bill as DBX at Fabric recently, good night i bet!
Yeah Dan Bell was amazing!!! truely live mate. Not any of this laptop lark... really good. but he is a odd ball. he sound checked for alomst 2 hours hehehehe. Was so good though.
CIRCLELINE PLATFORM 2