A good all around MIDI controller for.....

- ask away
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

automap is excellent and the build quality is very decent on the novation.

i had one of the endless pots begin to fail, but it was the one that was hardwired to cutoff so it got a pretty ridiculous amount of wear and tear.

I just sold the controller (remote 25) to my mate, and in helping him set it up I saw that they have really made the software implementation sing.

definitely recommended. (i only sold mine cos the keys took up too much space but I'm thinking about getting the keyless one).

apart from that I have a behringer bcr2000 which is cheap and cheerful. but kind of big. great preset handling (you can jump between them and control all sorts of stuff if you're that way inclined). and a Faderfox LV1 which is great.
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

livecollective wrote:bitstream 3x

http://www.waveidea.com/en/products/bitstream_3x/

the best.
+1

unbelievable support. i dont know any other developer that constantly listens to user input to update the product.
freeeeeee
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

I hope you are being serious, because I actually do like the fact I can have straight communication with the developers. They actually do listen to the people who use their product.
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

livecollective wrote:I hope you are being serious, because I actually do like the fact I can have straight communication with the developers. They actually do listen to the people who use their product.
of course im being serious. who could be against the developer being so connected with the users? I think the os has been upgrade 4 times since i bought mine. Whats crazy is that i bet automappping will be developed for this when the product existed before the concept of automap!
freeeeeee
zarbeat
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

behringer DDM4000

Post by zarbeat »

you might think i suck for using this but so far im rally happy whit this I use Traktor scratch and Ableton live at the same time on the same computer and for me this mixes is the best audio and midi controller i have ever had I wish I could go nuts and spend lots of money on a Xone 3d or some like that but no my friend I went for this why you migth ask :.=1. is super cheap and easy to repleace 2. 3 year guarantee 3 build in effects and of course 4.all midi customizable
Unik
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Unik »

Vestax PMC-600 must be very good. I work in a Production/Djing School. i do formation. and my boss has sold the M-Audio Project Mix I-O that we have there. He will put there the new Vestax PMC-600. the controller is very especific to Live Set/Act. its a 6 channel midi controller. with the aspect of a mixer. and constructed mostly to use as a mixer. as 3 knobs in the place as the mixers usually has to Equalization. and some buttons. who could be used to make cuts. loops and something like that.

and also could be used to control all functions that you have in your sequencer
Troia | Composure Uk | Beatfreak | Au Records
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Der geile Ami wrote:

the best.
+1

unbelievable support. i dont know any other developer that constantly listens to user input to update the product.
I'm getting a bigger and bigger hardon when looking and reading about this controller.... might easily by the one that I buy...
Audio Dependent
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Audio Dependent »

patrick bateman wrote:
Der geile Ami wrote:

the best.
+1

I'm getting a bigger and bigger hardon when looking and reading about this controller.... might easily by the one that I buy...
me too! i got the remote sl zero at the moment and i had it for about a year. its a really good studio controller but imo it just hasn't been built well enough for live situations - some of the continuous pots are broken(they have become completely erratic). its also big and clumsy and doesn't it into any of my flight cases so i end up wrapping it in bubble and sticking it in a bag. in theory it is a great controller, auto mapping is good - particularly with reason - and the normal mapping is very easy. i just don't want to gig with it any more.

now the bitstream looks good to me. i'm just a bit concerned about its lack of buttons. also, anyone got any experience with its more 'advanced' features like the lfo, motion sampling and the arpeggiator?