mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jaco »

what's illegal????
expitronic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by expitronic »

my link was, i rarred the vengeance minimal house bassdrum pack and uploaded it...
but yeah, actually it is illegal, cause you have to buy these... but i just wanted to share my resources, and as opuswerk said, it are good samples...
maybe I can upload a backup of my files and accidentally post it ? :p j/k
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

intellijel wrote:I have been seriously considering buying a jomox Mbase01 just for the purpose of tuning and creating a kick for each track.

I guess another approach is I can post samples of tracks I am working on to mnml and get feedback. Eventually I will be able to recognize what sounds right on my system relative to real world.
I have one. Very awesome but don't expect it to generate every kick you might want /need. It does the roland kicks, in short. Very 909 oriented.
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

I just remembered I made this here, a while ago:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jywddzmdi ... rPatch.rar

Upon request from a friend, I sampled chromatic tones as well as click and noise sounds of my Mbase01 and made a battery patch. It's not like having the real thing, not the point either but it gives you an idea of what the module sounds like.

So yeah, chromatic tones with no pitch mod, saturation or filtering, just the waveforms as pure as they can come out of it. The samples are 24bit 48khz.

You can make LOTS of nice kicks with this...

Donation done.

Enjoy.
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

thom, thanks for that kit - it will keep me occupied for hours! not sure if thats a good thing though :roll:
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

You're welcome!

Note that if you want to use the patch as a bass/bassdrum combo instrument, you'll have to fine tune the samples to exact pitch.

The box's semitone pitch mode is not very accurate... or semething is not calibrated right on mine. I should tell Mr Jomox about that... Also that box would be ten times more flexible if it had a pitch mod depth control... only a decay control for the pitch mod on there.

I hope they add that on the next model.

Edit: also, the samples are called JomoxXBase xx... mistake of mine.
Magnus Molin
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Magnus Molin »

Thanks thom! :D
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

A thank you is always nice. :D