A good all around MIDI controller for.....

- ask away
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

yes.

Seriously thinking of grabbing one like this. Plus that MIDI lfo thing seems great.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
TwelveHundred
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TwelveHundred »

Opuswerk wrote:yes.

Seriously thinking of grabbing one like this. Plus that MIDI lfo thing seems great.
The bit stream looks good...

I am gonna have to research that product more... Thanks for the info!
Dektro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Dektro »

You might consider novation's remote zero sl..
Ruso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ruso »

I will HIGHLY recommend looking into a korg microKONTROL or KONTROL49. They have a magnificent amount of midi possibilities. It's got 9 screens which you can customize, 9 sliders, 9 encoders, 16 pads and a joystick. But it gets better, it has 12 scenes so you can have all the controls change in every scene. (If you don't know or don't understand what this means... it means when you switch scenes, ALL the controls switch to a completely different lay out.) So you could custumize it to tweak every important parameter of every instrument. It also supports native mode if you're a programmer. You can gain full control over all of its parameters like what the screens say, what color to light them. Essentially you could make step sequencers, groove boxes, you name it, if you got some extensive midi knowledge and are good with either programming or something like synth maker.

I own the microKONTROL and I've tried many different controllers. This one does the trick. Oh ya and don't get discouraged by intel mac problems that people talk about.... it's all bs 99 percent of them do not read the manual and don't properly install drivers.

Almost forgot, the sliders are great and the encoders are presice.... the thing has aluminum all around which looks great and also protects it. The keyboard is very expressive, they're half size keys(on the microKONTROL) so the thing is very compact and pretty lightweight. It fits in with other gear really well because it has straight edges and the sockets for wires are grouped together. There's also a cool feature where you turn a small knob behind it and it changes the angle from which the screens are readable. So you can switch from sitting to standing and read the screens with a twist of a knob.

Here's a pic:

and the kontrol49
colinstark
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by colinstark »

i guess M-Audio Axiom is very good.
or wait for korg nano series?
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

Dektro wrote:You might consider novation's remote zero sl..

i wouldnt, every wank and their mother who just got a DAW is rocking the remote. not enough there for me either, and the knobs feel like playskool.

go bitstream or it doenst really matter, just get some cheap-o piece.
wtf
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by wtf »

here's a great "all-around" controller for around 1200
http://www.euphonix.com/artist/products/mc_control/

(too bad it doesn't seem to work with ableton!)

Personally I think that Novations look pretty cool - if the automap stuff actually works, that is. I have no idea. The bitstream seems good too.
Last edited by wtf on Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.