The Hague...soulful city
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

[wow] - GOOD STUFF !!!

talking about cd digital music:

they chop off the highs - chop off the lows - and compressed it in the middle

is no comparison to the openness of vinyl..!!!
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

if i had the money i'd give him the offer he wants hehe, but i dont :(
scarlet pimpernel
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by scarlet pimpernel »

Thats unreal, you'd have though though that with all the money hes spent on records he would get himself a 1210 to listen to them on!
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

serious offers consult here, please:

http://www.thegreatestmusiccollection.com/index.html
JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JackNine »

Boo hoo.

No one gives a damn about his collection because no one wants 99% of that overpriced sh!t. Ever heard of properly mastered CDs, Paul? They blow the crap out of your rare vinyls and their shelf-life is way better.

$50 million dollar appraisal selling for $3 million and still no offers. Know what that's called?

A shitty collection.

Amazing how the free market works, eh?

Seriously though what the fck is this guy thinking? Like any realistic human being on the planet can just whip out the checkbook and snap this sh!t up? And then figure out what to do with them all? Even for a museum or a collector... A million vinyls just for the sake of a million vinyls? Most people already have most of the content they want, and they're looking for specifics to fill the gaps, making this collection useless even as an archive.

The whole line about how he's "given his life to music," that just kills me. How has he done that? By collecting a million vinyls, 975k of which no one gives a damn about? That's like saying, "HEY GUYS LOOK I DEDICATED MY LIFE TO ARCHIVING DANCE MUSIC -- I BOUGHT EVERY SONG ON BEATPORT AND NO ONE ELSE HAS THEM ALL! GIVE ME A MILLION DOLLARS SO I CAN PRESERVE IT FOR LIFE!" The problem is 99% of the purchased tracks are garbage and no self-respecting fan of this type of music would get anything out of it. All the "proper" tracks are already archived.

Good luck, Paul.
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

A real collector doesnt really discriminate. for example an Elvis collecter will preserve an Elvis fart in a jar just because its just that...
Thats the charm of collecting IMO. You look at it and think, I would never do that but you can admire that person for willing to invest so much into it.

Secondly, whether the music is badly mastered or just plain bad i still think it should be preserved bacause its part of human culture, pop culture.. whatever you want to call it.

How about Sergey from Google or Bill Gates.. They could easily buy it and make it accessible to the world via the net.. The only problem is that it will have to be compressed :P
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

I feel like Paul does when I look in my garage, basement,bedroom and workplace except it's completely worth 2 dead flies. I have Paul's wife on one shoulder going throw the fuckin' things out and Paul on my other shoulder saying hold on to them.