Lush pads

- ask away
The_Glass_Olive
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by The_Glass_Olive »

Torque wrote:Why waste your time with all these gimmicks?
Lush pads just happen to be the default preset!
Don't settle for anything less
Pretty funny... again. You must be pleased with yourself... all those fools who ASK for help...

@BLM: thanks mate, sines are a good tip, I used mainly saws to give it a bit more body but with the right filtering and a little bit of chorus I'm getting much better results using sine waves. Pads are always tricky, fine line between sounding smooth and cheesy.
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

Torque wrote:Why waste your time with all these gimmicks?
Lush pads just happen to be the default preset!
Don't settle for anything less
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

trak660 wrote:Several months ago, Someone had to explain to me what pads are, but now, I have another question: Why are they called "pads?" :lol:
This is a serious question. :?
I think it's come from what they do 'pad' out a track. But then that itself isn't really a word is it? I heard it somewhere though. :?
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

Get a 3 saw waves, detune em, modulate pitch, filter, wack the res up a bit and filter down....

Sounds Bland right?

Now add some tube distortion, to bring the highs back out, add some chorus / reverb to taste....

Also some multi band compression at the same freq as the resonance to take the edge off it.....

thats how i get that sorts sound; the hardest part i find is actually using it constructively..!
nospin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nospin »

AK wrote:
trak660 wrote:Several months ago, Someone had to explain to me what pads are, but now, I have another question: Why are they called "pads?" :lol:
This is a serious question. :?
I think it's come from what they do 'pad' out a track. But then that itself isn't really a word is it? I heard it somewhere though. :?
well it is a word... not sure if theres more to it or not, but it makes sense
Main Entry: 3pad
Function: noun
Etymology: origin unknown
Date: 1570

1 a: a thin flat mat or cushion: as
(1): a piece of soft stuffed material used as or under a saddle
(2): padding used to shape an article of clothing
(3): a guard worn to shield body parts against impact
(4): a piece of usually folded absorbent material (as gauze) used as a surgical dressing or protective covering
(5): a component of certain brake systems (as disc brakes) consisting of a plate covered with a frictional material b: a piece of material saturated with ink for inking the surface of a rubber stamp

Main Entry: 5pad
Function: noun
Etymology: imitative
Date: 1594

: a soft muffled or slapping sound
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

shypht wrote: Image
YES! glad to see that badboy back, theres a gif i can really get behind. Its a classic, and it would be so easy to over use it.

I suppose the secret is to use it sparingly. It keeps it special/funny. I think maybe a few people on this forum could learn something from they way its being applied.