Behringer BCR2000

- ask away
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

That's weird - I just plugged mine in and it recognised it straight off, same with my m-audio controller, technically it shouldn't need to install any drivers at all.

I'm therefore assuming you are using vista 64 bit ? (there isn't driver support for the 64bit sadly).

My advice for anyone is do not use 64bit as most drivers are not signed and many more simply won't work.

I suspect this will continue to be the case for a while yet.
tekki
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tekki »

No, I am using 32 bit Vista.

I did just find one page that is referring to a regedit hack, in which I have to modify a key.
- taken from Create Digital Music

Many music devices, including simple audio interfaces and (in particular) USB MIDI keyboards, don’t require drivers. These are sometimes called class-compliant devices, as they’re covered by standardized classes that describe what they do. There actually are drivers for them, but they’re provided by the operating system. And that’s a good thing.

Unfortunately, many people have found that Windows Vista has problems finding the drivers for these devices. Here’s a fix that works for me (and, apparently many others):

1. You may want to back up your Registry file. Microsoft has detailed instructions (for XP, too).
2. Open the Registry Editor. Hit Start or click the Star orb and type regedit; you should automatically see regedit.exe highlighted. This requires administrator access, so you may have to dismiss a prompt if User Account Control is on.
3. Navigate through the folder tree to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion.
4. In the right pane, you’ll see a series of entries. Double-click DevicePath.
5. For the “Value Data” field, enter “;%SystemRoot%\System32″.

Found at: Microsoft Discussion Groups (superb, moderated discussion)
So I guess, I will have a go with that this evening.
..::restricted sessions::..
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

Could be the way forward, can't understand why it would work straight off on mine , but not for you, I'm sorry you are having so much hassle.

Good luck , let us know if it works :)
tekki
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tekki »

Well, maybe it had to deal that I was installing so much in such a short time span, maybe I had already installed something previous to my BCR without rebooting or maybe it just has to deal with my motherboard?

I will post this evening if all went well. Thanks for the support this far!
tekki
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tekki »

Okay, short update, I modified the registry setting. but now it returns the following:
Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

USB Composite device

The system cannot find the file specified.
The quest continues, apparently.
;)
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

windows
signatures suck
Artificial
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Artificial »

its ridiculously easy..
only the remote of the input may be on(in midi settings from ableton), the rest needs to be off and then its working just fine..
close : ]
habitueE
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by habitueE »

Artificial wrote:its ridiculously easy..
only the remote of the input may be on(in midi settings from ableton), the rest needs to be off and then its working just fine..
close : ]
:) strange, my setup in the preference window is just like yours, anyway , good to hear its working