finally here it is :)

release 18.8

soundfiles:

1. sugar pain
2. bass tilt
3. fun k mouth
4. the frail

http://www.mbeat.de/catalog/popup_playe ... cc7iaoutn2

The old curiosity shop that is Items and Things opens its doors once again; this time breaking with the various artists EP format to dedicate the entire release to two Brazilians, Click Box. Formed four years ago by Sao Paulo DJs / producers Marco AS and Pedro Tur ra, Click Box’s music has a raw, timeless appeal. Coupling retrospective beats and basslines with big hooks, hypnotic melodies and constantly modulating synths – its the perfect blend of past, present and future and totally fits the freestyle, left-of-centre attitude of Marc, Magda and Troy’s label. There are 8 tracks in all spread across two releases (4 vinyl, 4 digital), with more than something for everyone. Sugar Pain gets things going in a low key fashion highlighting the stripped down beats and arrangements that give this collection of tunes their distinctive old school flavour. Bass Tilt emphasizes the point further with another super sparse 808 groove that’s enveloped in a wash of rich vox-like effects and a simple but highly effective chord sequences. More bass and snare action as Fun K Mouth revs into gear with its warping synth riff and vocal chant summoning up memories of dark, sweaty afterhours. Microgram is full of tight, pressing rhythms that are offset by the quirky main riff before moody synth pads add an element of mystery to the lo-fi groove. The Frail starts off the download selection with a raw acid line that fades in and out before raining down on the dancefloor in the breakdown. Troy notes, “Neighbour Hate kind of sums up my own feelings at the moment, so I’ve been cranking it up really loud on Sunday mornings and letting the deep bassline and spacey filtered riff do the talking”. Peek a Boo packs another punch with its punishing 909 snare, raw square synth notes and freaky,arpeggiated melody that skips and stumbles across the beats, while Stripped rounds things of nicely in a futuristic acid disco style.

waiting 4 release :)
nihad
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nihad »

that's the sh!t! top notch!!! :-)
lostinmusiq
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by lostinmusiq »

yeah for sure ...
really like this tracks since they played ...

:twisted:
keto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by keto »

nice tracks but WAY overhyped because Ricchhhhhie and his friends played these ...
Panoramagulasch
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Panoramagulasch »

to be honest i don´t realy care if they played it - but i heard it there for the first time....but i still only buy what i like! but seriosly, i looove sugar pain!! and somewhere in this release (maybe in the second half) there should be peek a boo, wich is a damn great track as well...
*We are all in the gutter - but some of us are looking at the stars!*
nihad
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nihad »

peek a boo, is it the one with that great melody line? think it was in some magda video that people wanted to id ...

waiting for that to, absolutely great track
Panoramagulasch
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Panoramagulasch »

here is peek a boo! i love it...
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=1JaYEs2U1hM

and here sugar pain again...
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=VDFlUq8P6PY

thx to click box for that!! haha i´m quite obsessed with these tracks at the moment^
*We are all in the gutter - but some of us are looking at the stars!*
apanell
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by apanell »

no "stripped"
that's the one i want most :(